American Assassin

by Vince Flynn

Series: Mitch Rapp (1)

For years, CIA agent Mitch Rapp has served his country with ruthless efficiency. Here, author Vince Flynn chronicles Rapp's very first assignment, a mission that will turn the green agent into the most hardened and revered counterterrorism operative in the world.

English (69)  Spanish (1)  All languages (70)
another great fast spy read
  royragsdale | Sep 22, 2021 |
A weak 4. This is the story of Mitch Rapp's recruitment by Irene Kennedy, and his training by Stan Hurley, who is the toughest SOB drill instructor and does not appreciate having a non-military pupil; however, he is bested by Mitch and reluctantly agrees to train him after being jammed by Director of Operations Stanfield and their resident psychologist. Covers Mitch's first forays into the field, and a daring rescue in Beirut. ( )
  skipstern | Jul 11, 2021 |
I really enjoyed this book. It's been a while since I've read a thriller, and this reminded me of how much I like them. It was an interesting setting, especially given the current state of our relations with the Middle East and Russia.

I'm looking forward to reading more of Mitch Rapp's story, and to seeing the movie next month (though the previews look like the movie will be quite different from the book). ( )
  ssperson | Apr 3, 2021 |
I'm half done through the book, one word, wow!

I have enjoyed the storyline and definitely a new fan of Mitch Rapp series. I am looking forward and hope the new author will continue the series Mr. Flynn started.

The bad: Did they hire a new editor for the new book. The amount of typos would have given me a C in college if not worst. I borrowed this book from the library and it is the first time I saw people corrected all the mistakes. ( )
  xKayx | Dec 14, 2020 |
Fun action flick. Funny number of typos in this book. ( )
  jzacsh | Sep 9, 2020 |

Vince Flynnprimary authorall editionscalculated
Guidall, GeorgeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Before he was considered a CIA superagent, before he was thought of as a terrorist’s worst nightmare, and before he was both loathed and admired by the politicians on Capitol Hill, Mitch Rapp was a gifted college athlete without a care in the world . . . and then tragedy struck.

Two decades of cutthroat, partisan politics has left the CIA and the country in an increasingly vulnerable position. Cold War veteran and CIA Operations Director Thomas Stansfield knows he must prepare his people for the next war. The rise of Islamic terrorism is coming, and it needs to be met abroad before it reaches America’s shores. Stansfield directs his protÉgÉe, Irene Kennedy, and his old Cold War colleague, Stan Hurley, to form a new group of clandestine operatives who will work outside the normal chain of command—men who do not exist.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,196,028 books! | Top bar: Always visible