Just In Case You Ever Wonder by Max Lucado

Just In Case You Ever Wonder

by Max Lucado

Just In Case You Ever Wonder tells of a father's love for his child. This perennial best seller from Max Lucado will wrap your child in its tender message of love, comfort, and protection, showing that as they grow and change, you'll always be there for them.
  wichitafriendsschool | Jul 22, 2016 |
Age group(s): Elementary (1-5)
This book is aimed towards Christians and sings the song of unconditional love from the creator above. It sends a powerful message to all of its readers that you were uniquely made by God himself and you are loved no matter where or when. It addresses fears and disappointments and assures readers that through it all, people who love you surround you. I love that this book touches on the fact that everyone is created differently but equally. I would most definitely use this book to teach diversity but would be careful in public school systems since is does have religious ties. If I used it in a public school, I would be sure to include book from other religious backgrounds and have discussions on similarities and differences between them. The illustrations in this book are my absolute favorite and have been since I was a kid. They are lifelike yet dreamy. They are detailed yet subtle. Definitely a “feel good” read. ( )
  katekatekathryn | Oct 12, 2015 |
In a world where everything is constantly changing, this powerful message of unconditional love is very much needed to young hearts everywhere. Max leaves a tender legacy to his children and shows us the way to comfort our offspring, so tenderly with assuring words, that they are loved no matter what and no matter when.

The book begins by saying that a loving Creator made you! You are so special and you are surrounded with love by your parents in a loving home. Through fears, hard times and disappointments, you'll continue to see that love is still available to you. You'll grow to understand your creator through the beauty of this earth and then when another big change of separation comes, you'll be reassured of a loving reunion one day.

You see, this is what I've told my three grown children, that I will always love them and now I play with my four grandchildren and whisper to them daily what I believe to be true... YaYa will always love you... just in case you ever wondered.

Thank you Max Lucado for saying so well, what we all feel in our hearts to share with our own children everywhere. ( )
  LadyD_Books | Oct 18, 2011 |
As far as religious/spiritual children's books go, this one is fairly touching. When we read it, we make some changes (i.e. gender-neutral language for God and a few theological changes regarding the topic of heaven). There are a few pages I skip with my three year old because they talk about scary noises in closets or beings scared of shadows. I don't want them to create fears for him. But the rest of the story serves to remind our children just how much we love them...and that we always will, no matter what. Pretty important stuff. It also introduces children to the concept of a benevolent Creator in a gentle way. ( )
  Rowboat | Apr 13, 2010 |
Very easy to read, great book for diversity and telling how each and everyone is different in his or her own way, great pictures
  Maddiegrace | Jan 31, 2010 |
Jeanna, Andrea, and Sara, this book is for you--just in case you ever wonder. - M. L.

To Alexa, Lizzy, and the O'Keefes with thanks. - R. K.

Best-selling children's title that communicates a parent's love for their child. Over 600,000 sold. Winner of the ECPA Gold Medallion.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:51 -0400)

A parent tells a child how special she is, both to the parent and to God.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,731,974 books! | Top bar: Always visible