Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

I Still Dream About You: A Novel by Fannie…

I Still Dream About You: A Novel

by Fannie Flagg

Such a sweet, sweet story. I wasn't wild about some parts, but the characters and the story as a whole...I loved. I actually do think this could possibly be one of my favorites of her books so far. [b:Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe|9375|Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe|Fannie Flagg|https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/books/1165961740s/9375.jpg|2129359] as much as I loved it, it had its boring moments. [b:A Redbird Christmas|199532|A Redbird Christmas|Fannie Flagg|https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/books/1388886661s/199532.jpg|6789865] I loved the characters and the story, but still, not a favorite.[b:The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion|17345258|The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion|Fannie Flagg|https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/books/1373052495s/17345258.jpg|24084454] was at the top of my list. Now, I do believe this one may have topped it, well at least came extremely close! I don't think I've loved an author so much since Maya Angelou. But the difference is, I love Maya for different reasons. I know there is no comparison in their writing styles, but it's rare that I have read more than one book or series and want to continue on. That's where the comparison is for me. And maybe Sandra Brown too. Maybe that should've been the comparison? Nope. Because S.B., I have an iffy relationship with her books so far. But, I've gotten off topic..... Again. All I'm trying to say here is...I am loving Ms Flagg's books, her sweet characters and the happy endings (so far). :) ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
I STILL DREAM ABOUT YOU by Fannie Flagg
This fun read still has an emotional punch. Flagg is an expert at creating characters one cares about – even the ones that are not very nice! In this outing Flagg joins a “fat” African American, a midget, an ex-beauty queen, and a thoroughly detestable real estate agent to tell a tale of what might have been, what is and what may yet be.
Pathos and hilarity join forces for a romp in Southern charm and dirty deals. Flagg manages to tell a good story without stooping to vulgar language or explicit sex. Written for the adult female audience I STILL DREAM can be enjoyed by all audiences including teens. There is enough here for an interesting book group discussion that might cover family dynamics, faith, integrity, racial harmony, interpersonal relations and much more.
Similar in feel to FRIED GREEN TOMATOES, this book would also make a good movie.
5 of 5 stars ( )
  beckyhaase | May 30, 2019 |
3.5 stars

Maggie is a 60-year old real estate agent, never been married, a former Miss Alabama. She has decided to kill herself, but things keep coming up that she feels she has to deal with first before she tries again. She feels she has a foolproof plan for it, everything has been planned out, using lists and all, if only she didn't keep getting interrupted!

I wasn't in the mood for this when I started it, but I ended up liking it. There were humourous parts to it, and I thought the mystery that came up starting half-way through the book was entertaining. In the end, I enjoyed it. ( )
  LibraryCin | Apr 2, 2019 |
I thought this book was wonderful. It was funny and told a good story. I also liked the mystery aspect of it. It was written by the woman who wrote the book and script for Fried Green Tomatoes. It is a definite read for any woman.
  SWade0126 | Jan 11, 2019 |
My first Fannie Flagg novel. My mother likes them and it gives s something to talk about when we read the same authors. Plus, I enjoyed it! Full of quirky characters and utterly charming! All the loose ends get tied up at the end, which is satisfying, especially after my day of plumbing disasters! ( )
  ioplibrarian | Aug 26, 2018 |
For Jonni Hartman-Rogers, my friend and press agent for over
thirty years, with love and gratitude
It's funny what a person will remember so many years later; what sticks in your mind and what doesn't.

Birmingham real estate agent and former Miss Alabama Maggie Fortenberry learns valuable lessons about the nature of friendship, the challenges of modern life, and the dangers of impossible dreams as she struggles to keep Red Mountain Realty afloat and bury the heartbreaking secrets of her past.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,478,146 books! | Top bar: Always visible