Night of the Living Trekkies by Kevin David…

Night of the Living Trekkies (2010)

by Kevin David Anderson, Sam Stall

3202334,663 (3.8)12

Fun read, especially since I am an old trekkie. One plot anomaly. There is a point in the story where the time is stated to be just before 5 a.m. and then a few pages later it's suddenly 10 till 4 a.m. Story and writing consistently good otherwise. ( )
  bness2 | May 23, 2017 |
I know what you’re thinking right about now, “Josh…reviewing a Sci-Fi novel?” The answer is yes, yes I am. My secret is out — not a horrible secret, really. I’m proud of the fact that I’m a Sci-Fi geek and a fan of Star Trek. Also, this book is about zombies. ZOMBIES! How could I not read this?

Night of the Living Trekkies combines George Romero’s Night of the Living Dead with Star Trek. Taking place at a Star Trek convention — who hasn’t been to one of those? — the undead begin to rise from the dead and threaten to not only ruin the GulCon event, but to take over the greater Houston area and the world. Jim Pike, assistant manager at the GulfCon venue, ex-military man with two tours of duty behind him, leads the fight against a safe escape and trying to save the world against a parasitic, alien takeover.

It reads like an adventure movie, not so much an adventure book. The dialogue is quick, to the point, sarcastic and I felt like I could have had the same conversations with friends — if I were to ever participate in the zombie apocalypse; I can only hope. Kevin and Sam did an awesome job of combining my favorite zombie movie with my favorite Sci-Fi television show. If you’re an avid follower of the Star Trek franchise, you will be happy to see some inside jokes as well as an appreciation for all of the different series involved.

This isn’t a work of art, highbrow lit, or even middlebrow lit. Night of the Living Trekkies is an enjoyable, fun, quick read. I recommend this if you’re a fan of zombies or Star Trek. It isn’t so over the top that a non-Trek fan wouldn’t understand what is going on. ( )
  joshanastasia | Oct 20, 2016 |
If you pick up this book, chances are you are not expecting great literature.

And… it’s not.

It IS a hilarious zombie / Star Trek spoof that is full of funny (and pun-ny) one-liners, action, gore … and pointy ears.

JUST READ IT.
  memccauley6 | May 3, 2016 |
I love it when a book makes me laugh out loud and get scared all at once. Great read. ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |

Kevin David Andersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stall, Sammain authorall editionsconfirmed

Jim Pike, the disillusioned manager of a hotel that is hosting a Star Trek convention, finds himself leading a ragtag crew of survivors as a strange virus turns the convention-goers into zombies.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,764,468 books! | Top bar: Always visible