Night of the Living Trekkies by Kevin David…

Night of the Living Trekkies (2010)

by Kevin David Anderson, Sam Stall

I love it when a book makes me laugh out loud and get scared all at once. Great read. ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
originally picked up this book as a joke when boarders was closing and had gift cards to use up. I am glad i picked it it up it was a well written book and i loved it. Anybody who is a fan of star trek and zombies will enjoy this book. it was an easy read and hard to put down at times. ( )
  cbloky | Dec 6, 2014 |
Eh. Alright I guess. I started it, I finished it. It was technically very well written, but ironically I think that maybe I wasn't the primary audience it was going for, because, well, although I love most of Star Trek, I'm not male. Sheesh, it took me three or four uses of the word 'sack' in the novel before I got what the heck they were talking about (a part of the human anatomy unique to males, and yes, I had heard the term before, just never read it in a book). So-- perhaps the fact that I'm female colored my opinions on the book a bit. (and if you're a dude reading this review and think I'm an idiot for not immediately getting what 'sack' meant. Stop reading the review and go read the book already!)

The story isn't too complicated. There's a Star Trek convention in a Houston hotel where a former Army guy turned bellhop works. Then zombies start attacking, well, everything. There are a few survivors, including the army guy, they try not to die.

Despite its unsurpring-ness, it was an interesting look at how two vastly different genres, The Star Trek Novel, and the Zombie novel, go together. It was also a bit fun to find all the lines and allusions from Star Trek, Star Wars, not to mention gaming and even other Sci Fi classics such as Battlestar Galactica, etc.

Not a bad book, just watch out for that third eye, and guys that call themselves commodore, everyone knows it's a bogus rank anyway. ( )
  DanieXJ | Aug 15, 2014 |
Fun read. Better then I thought it would be based on the cover and lots of references to Star Wars to keep those fans happy too. ( )
1 vote wifilibrarian | Nov 26, 2013 |

Kevin David Andersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stall, Sammain authorall editionsconfirmed

Jim Pike, the disillusioned manager of a hotel that is hosting a Star Trek convention, finds himself leading a ragtag crew of survivors as a strange virus turns the convention-goers into zombies.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,497,444 books! | Top bar: Always visible