Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's…

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to… (2010)

by Todd Burpo

Other authors: Lynn Vincent

An Amish Awakening by Rick Leland (JenniferRobb)
    JenniferRobb: Not an Amish connection as in An Amish Awakening, but the child in the account is believed to have visited Heaven and returned.
    Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry by Akiane Kramarik (StarryNightElf)
    23 Minutes in Hell by Bill Wiese (meggyweg)

English (210)  German (1)  All languages (211)
Have you ever heard the saying the book was better? It doesn't apply here. Yes this book is great and gives some insight to this family but in this case, guys the movie was better. When the movie came out I was pulled in immediately. The book is great from that inspirational place of reading someone else's experience but the movie was so much better. After a year old medical issues on top of medical issues Todd, a pastor and his wife Sonja are overwhelmed. On a business trip turned family vacation Todd and Sonja's life comes to a complete stop as they almost lose their 3 year old son. Almost a year later on a different vacation Colton reveals he's seen a glimpse of heaven and after more questions and months and years Todd and Sonja discover what it means to not only believe but to teach childlike faith. ( )
  SBoren | Feb 27, 2019 |
The main characters in this book is Colton, Sonja, and Todd. The setting takes place in Imperial, Nebraska. This book is about how Colton visited heaven during his surgery. There's not really any conflict except Colton's parents keep on asking Colton about what heaven looks like. The resolution to this story is that his parents told everybody at the local church about Colton's surgery. In the book Todd also said there was another kid who had visions of heaven every night and the kid would paint these visions. Well actually there was conflict because the conflict was Colton's surgery.
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​
If I could give the book another title I would name it "Heaven, According to Colton". I would like to meet Colton's whole family and ask them lots of questions. I actually think the ending was great this time unlike other books. I think it would be a great TV show because then it could teach you more about heaven. But I don't think this would be a great movie because I would cry to much. If I were to meet the author I would ask if he or she could write about me. ( )
  SionV.B2 | Dec 8, 2018 |
I don't really know how to "rate" this, or how to even discuss it. I don't think it was particularly well-written, and, viewed from a certain angle, it was borderline creepy. But well-intentioned and reverent, and I don't know how the material could have been handled any differently.

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~ St. Thomas Aquinas ( )
  CatherineBurkeHines | Nov 28, 2018 |
This is the story of the boy who almost died during a surgical procedure. During that surgery he claims to have gone to heaven and come back. He tells his family of the many details of his trip. As a reader and a Christian, I would like to believe that the events that are reported in this book are true. The skeptic in me wants to say how can all of this be true but the believer says wow. ( )
  Rdglady | Nov 20, 2018 |
I only read this book because my grandmother gave it to me (she loved it, of course). This is a beautiful story, but I'm sure that much of it is fabricated. Call me a skeptic... but so much of what Colton Burpo "saw" was cliche. People in heaven have wings? Really? And his physical description of Jesus was laughable. Most illustrations of Jesus Christ paint him as having a brown beard and long(ish) hair, and wearing white. C'mon. ( )
  bookishblond | Oct 24, 2018 |
Het verhaal van de vierjarige Colton, die in allerijl geopereerd moest worden aan een ontstoken blindedarm. De situatie is levensbedreigend en tijdens de operatie sterft Colton bijna. Wonder boven wonder herstelt hij en begint dan te vertellen, hoe hij de artsen met hem bezig zag. Wat zijn ouders op dat moment deden en voelden. De familie weet niet wat ze met zijn verhalen aanmoet. Maar de verhalen die Colton vertelt over zijn ervaringen met God, met Jezus in de hemel, de ontmoetingen daar met zijn te vroeg geboren zusje en zijn overgrootvader, informatie die hij nooit eerder gehoord had, zeker niet met zoveel details, doen bij zijn ouders (zijn vader is predikant en ondernemer) en bij de geloofsgemeenschap in het dorpje Imperial (Nebraska) de overtuiging groeien dat zij hem wel moeten geloven... Todd Burpo en zijn vrouw, zeer gelovig, maar niet zweverig, vertellen dit verhaal tot in de kleinste details en spiegelen alle informatie die hun zoon hun geeft aan verhalen in de Bijbel. De journalist Lynn Vincent is co-auteur. De lezer moet de rode draad in het verhaal goed vasthouden, maar zal geboeid raken door de openheid en eerlijkheid. Er is meer tussen hemel en aarde dan mensen kunnen vermoeden.

Drs. E. Wigchert
added by karnoefel | editBol.com

Todd Burpoprimary authorall editionscalculated
Vincent, Lynnsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dekker, JeannetTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gallagher, DeanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hall, James W.Cover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Leisering, Doris C.Übersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
—Jesus of Nazareth
Prologue
The Fourth of July holiday calls up memories of patriotic parades, the savory scents of smoky barbecue, sweet corn, and night skies bursting with showers of light.

A young boy emerges from life-saving surgery with remarkable stories of his visit to heaven.

Heaven Is for Real is the true story of the four-year old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. He survives and begins talking about being able to look down and see the doctor operating and his dad praying in the waiting room. The family didn't know what to believe but soon the evidence was clear.

Colton said he met his miscarried sister, whom no one had told him about, and his great grandfather who died 30 years before Colton was born, then shared impossible-to-know details about each. He describes the horse that only Jesus could ride, about how "reaaally big" God and his chair are, and how the Holy Spirit "shoots down power" from heaven to help us.

Told by the father, but often in Colton's own words, the disarmingly simple message is heaven is a real place, Jesus really loves children, and be ready, there is a coming last battle.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:05 -0400)

Presents the story of the four-year old son of a Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven.

Beyond Words Publishing

2 editions of this book were published by Beyond Words Publishing.

Editions: 0849946158, 0849922070

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,761,586 books! | Top bar: Always visible