Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the…

Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (2007)

by Ann Brashares

READ IN DUTCH

I don't know why I got a part four in a series (without part 2 and 3) but, as the story is almost the same in every book (or so I'm told) it doesn't really matter.

I've only read the first book and this one, and it already felt repetitive. I wouldn't recommend it. ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
[Thursday, February 16, 2012] As their lives take them in different directions, Lena, Tibby, Carmen, and Bridget discover many more things about themselves and the importance of their relationship with each other.

From Bridget's point of view.

I loved the whole series, I read the first 3 books but I wanted to read other things so I took a break and now I am back and I want to finish the last book in the series. ( )

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
As four best friends spend their first summer apart from one another, they share a magical pair of jeans. Despite being of various shapes and sizes, each one of them fits perfectly into the pants. To keep in touch they pass these pants to each other as well as the adventures they are going through while apart. Written by Stephanie

For the first time since their friendship began, the girls will be separated for a summer. Lena visits her grandparents in Greece and meets Kostos. Tibby remains at home, films a movie, and befriends a young girl named Bailey. Bridget goes to soccer camp in Mexico and falls in love with Eric, one of the coaches at the camp. Carmen visits her dad in South Carolina and finds out a shocking secret. Written by Anonymous

Tibby Tomko-Rollins, Lena Kaligaris, Carmen Lowell and Bridget Vreeland have been best friends since childhood. In the beginning of their summer vacations, they find a pair of jeans that fits each one of them perfectly; they decide to share the pants as a magic symbol of their friendship and form a sisterhood with a manifesto of ten rules. Bridget travels to a soccer camp in Mexico and she has a crush on the coach Eric, who is older than her. Lena visits her family in Greece and has a crush on the local fisherman Kostas and finds that there is a feud between their families. Carmen travels to South Caroline to spend the vacation with her father and she finds that he will marry the divorced Lydia Rodman. Tibby stays in town working in a department store to raise money to buy new equipment for her documentary and is befriended by the twelve year old Bailey that is very ill. After their vacations, they grow-up and their friendship remains solid as never
  bostonwendym | Mar 3, 2016 |
For my sweet Susannah ... when she's ready
Once upon a time there were four girls.
This was also published as The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 to tie-in to the movie of the same name.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0385729367, Hardcover)

Ann Brashares has created a wonderful, heartfelt series for teens (and adults) around a pair of pants. In her breakout bestseller, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Brashares introduced readers to four girls, Lena, Bridget, Carmen, and Tibby, and to the magical pair of jeans that fit them all perfectly, and inspired them to live their young lives to the fullest. Forever in Blue, the fourth and final novel in the series, promises a dazzling finale--one "last glorious summer" for the four girls, and their fans. See a note from author Ann Brashares, below.--Daphne Durham

A Note from Ann Brashares

December 1, 2006

Dear Amazon Reader,

Well, here we are together again. If you are getting ready to read the fourth book, Forever in Blue, that means we've probably spent some time together. I hope you've enjoyed it. I know I have.

We don't know each other and we may never get to meet, but I feel like we are connected nonetheless. We've spent time with four fictional girls together. We've puzzled over their lives and their choices. We've rooted for them and sometimes felt annoyed by them. We've shared some hopes for them, I think, and in the process for ourselves.

So thank you for being part of the sisterhood with me. I have really appreciated your company along the way.

Happy reading,

Ann

Spend Time with the Sisterhood
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Boxed Set
Girls in Pants
The Second Summer of the Sisterhood
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:06 -0400)

Ann Brashares is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Ann Brashares chatted with LibraryThing members from Jun 6, 2011 to Jun 10, 2011. Read the chat.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,852,824 books! | Top bar: Always visible