Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the…

Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (2007)

by Ann Brashares

READ IN DUTCH

I don't know why I got a part four in a series (without part 2 and 3) but, as the story is almost the same in every book (or so I'm told) it doesn't really matter.

I've only read the first book and this one, and it already felt repetitive. I wouldn't recommend it. ( )
  Floratina | Jan 4, 2015 |
The girls have had the travelling pants for four years now, but they are finding it harder and harder to get together, as they have all gone their separate ways now, and are rarely "home" at the same time, anymore. This summer, Carmen has gone to a summer "camp" to help with sets for a play, but ends up doing more than what she originally bargained for. Bee is in Turkey on an archaeological dig, and though she still has a boyfriend back home, finds herself attracted to someone else there. Lena is taking an art class and is attracted to one of the older painters in the class. Tibby is enjoying her relationship with Brian, maybe a little too much, until things take a turn for the worse.

This was very good. I really enjoyed this one and often wanted to keep reading. I think it was a fitting end to the series. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jul 13, 2014 |
I have listened to all of the "pants" novels and loved them all. ( )
  lindap69 | Apr 5, 2013 |
This series by Ann Brashares starts out very strong and falls off a cliff in the last book. The first two are well-realized, strongly plotted explorations of adolescence from various viewpoints. The last is inexplicable and maddening. Brashares seemed, like Alcott, tempted to have an earthquake swallow the girls so she might be finished with them and move on. I'll be interested to read her next book, now that she's put away the pants. ( )
1 vote satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
For my sweet Susannah ... when she's ready
Once upon a time there were four girls.
This was also published as The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 to tie-in to the movie of the same name.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0385729367, Hardcover)

Ann Brashares has created a wonderful, heartfelt series for teens (and adults) around a pair of pants. In her breakout bestseller, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Brashares introduced readers to four girls, Lena, Bridget, Carmen, and Tibby, and to the magical pair of jeans that fit them all perfectly, and inspired them to live their young lives to the fullest. Forever in Blue, the fourth and final novel in the series, promises a dazzling finale--one "last glorious summer" for the four girls, and their fans. See a note from author Ann Brashares, below.--Daphne Durham

A Note from Ann Brashares

December 1, 2006

Dear Amazon Reader,

Well, here we are together again. If you are getting ready to read the fourth book, Forever in Blue, that means we've probably spent some time together. I hope you've enjoyed it. I know I have.

We don't know each other and we may never get to meet, but I feel like we are connected nonetheless. We've spent time with four fictional girls together. We've puzzled over their lives and their choices. We've rooted for them and sometimes felt annoyed by them. We've shared some hopes for them, I think, and in the process for ourselves.

So thank you for being part of the sisterhood with me. I have really appreciated your company along the way.

Happy reading,

Ann

Spend Time with the Sisterhood
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Boxed Set
Girls in Pants
The Second Summer of the Sisterhood
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:30 -0400)

As their lives take them in different directions, Lena, Tibby, Carmen, and Bridget discover many more things about themselves and the importance of their relationship with each other.

Ann Brashares is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Ann Brashares chatted with LibraryThing members from Jun 6, 2011 to Jun 10, 2011. Read the chat.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,858,350 books! | Top bar: Always visible