Easy Pickings by C. E. Murphy

An interesting blend of two worlds created by Faith Hunter & CE Murphy. Strong storyline and plot. Vampires, shaman, witches, and a god clash to resolve and dispatch an evil. ( )
  BookJunkie777 | Oct 16, 2016 |
I had read the Walker Papers series (through book 8), but none of the Jane Yellowrock books prior to reading this. CE Murphy points out in the intro material that this should be read after Mountain Echoes (book 8) rather than following Spirit Dances (book 6) where it falls by publication date. Though there are supposedly no spoilers because this didn't happen in Jo's timeline, you won't appreciate the experience if you read it before book 8. Also, I think you'll find it does become important to Jo's timeline in book 9.
All said, I wasn't really impressed with this novella except that I thought the authors did a good job of bringing the ladies together while keeping them true to themselves. The story is okay, if primarily action. It didn't hold my attention as well as the typical Walker Papers novel. ( )
  BJ3568 | Sep 6, 2014 |
It was eerie to see how similar Jane and Joanne were. Granted, I just read the first Jane Yellowrock one right before this (as crossovers are confusing enough without being familiar with both sets of characters), and will read the others later, but still. In some regards, they're almost too similar, I would have almost expected more posturing between them. Still, a fun light read. ( )
  Jami_Leigh | Jun 22, 2014 |
I wanted to like this book, because I love Jane Yellowrock. However, the book needed editing. It was also confusing going back and forth between Jane and Joanne. The authors didn't put in anything to distinguish when they were speaking and Jane or Joanne. One minute it's Jane's thoughts/words, and then it switches to Joanne. Sometimes it would be Jane's actions, but Joanne speaking, and vice versa.

DrkCherry | Sep 21, 2013 |
  Jami_Leigh | Mar 31, 2013 |

Murphy, C. E.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hunter, FaithAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
I think it's safe to say this one's for the fans. All of them, including us!
There was something weird about crossing the city lines into New Orleans.

Two heroines. Two magics.

One world.

There’s nowhere in America like the Big Easy. Just ask Jane Yellowrock, shapeshifting vampire killer, whose hunting grounds run the length and breadth of the Bayou.

Just ask Joanne Walker, whose shamanic magic has drawn her to the heart of American Weird.

But it’s not Joanne’s world, and it isn’t Jane’s either. In a New Orleans where Katrina never hit and supposedly-dead vampires stalk the streets, Jane and Jo have to find and defeat the magic that brought them there–or they just might find themselves…

EASY PICKINGS!

C. E. Murphy is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,617,644 books! | Top bar: Always visible