Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia
1,209729,559 (3.9)17

It begins with a death. It ends with a death. The death at the end broke my heart, but felt oh, so right (like scratching a mosquito bite - it's painful, but at the same time gives you satisfaction).

The chapters following Lena annoyed me to no end (despite being a caster, in this book she's wholly unremarkable personality-wise). Linc was the only redeeming factor of these chapters.

I loved the introduction of Xavier - he was a tragically sad and beautiful character.

I hated that the overall conflict in this book turned out to be a "remarkable and unique" individual against "the tyrannical and corrupt oligarchy" - YA fantasy is so effin' cliche this past decade. ( )
  benuathanasia | May 12, 2018 |
"I guess that's the thing about a hero's journey. You might not start out a hero, and you might not even come back that way. But you change, which is the same as everything changing. The journey changes you, whether or not you know it, whether or not you want it to. I had changed"

I thought this was the best of the Caster Chronicles. A lot more story driven and a lot less brooding teen romance driven. Ethan is dead, but he's willing to try everything he can to get back. But the order is precarious, and he can not destroy it again. I did think there were some unnecessary story additions, and the previous villains were almost too quickly dealt with, but it was pretty good nonetheless. ( )
  lunaloretta | Sep 18, 2017 |
Beautiful Chaos left me in tears...and I am so glad that Kami Garcia did not end the saga there.

Beautiful Redemption picks up with Ethan in the "Otherworld" trying to get back to Lena and all of his loved ones. Of course, coming back from the dead isn't an easy task, and Ethan needs help from the Mortal World to get there. Can Ethan's loved ones in the Mortal World get the Book of Moons to him in the Otherworld? Can Ethan get back?

shannon.dolgos | Sep 5, 2017 |
"Everything about me remembers everything about you."

I realized in reading the second of the series, why these novels are so different to most YA novels, its because these books have a depth to them- each tome is filled with detailed descriptions to set the mood and setting, the emotion that the main character is feeling or thoughts that race around in his mind [the relentless pining irked me alittle]. Which leads to another huge difference, in a typical YA love story, the reader usually gets the female perspective or a back and forth between female/male- not this series. Most of the observations are from the "mortal" boy, Ethan who, I suppose, would represent the normal us if we were thrown into this same situation. So his perceptions/misunderstandings color the reality we are presented. So, I was more than pleased to get to see where Lena stood in this one, Yay! We finally get to go inside her head as she tries to come to grips with what has happened to her love/family. The ending to this series is poignant, moving and yet still satisfying. ( )
  lollyletsgo | Aug 10, 2017 |
I was really excited to read this series and had pretty high expectations, and though it started off pretty decent, by book four I was bored and the storyline had become so redundant that I was glad it was the final book. The story lacked depth and some of the characters that started off interesting became pretty boring towards the end. ( )
  jthao_02 | May 18, 2017 |

Kami Garciaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stohl, Margaretmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Death is the beginning of Immortality. -Maximilien Robespierre
For our fathers, Robert Marin and Burton Stohl, who taught us to believe we could do anything, and our husbands, Alex Garcia and Lewis Peterson, who made us do the one thing we never thought we could.
Other people had flying dreams.

Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?

Ethan Wate has spent most of his life longing to escape the stiflingly small Southern town of Gatlin. He never thought he would meet the girl of his dreams, Lena Duchannes, who unveiled a secretive, powerful, and cursed side of Gatlin, hidden in plain sight. And he never could have expected that he would be forced to leave behind everyone and everything he cares about. So when Ethan awakes after the chilling events of the Eighteenth Moon, he has only one goal: to find a way to return to Lena and the ones he loves.

Back in Gatlin, Lena is making her own bargains for Ethan's return, vowing to do whatever it takes -- even if that means trusting old enemies or risking the lives of the family and friends Ethan left to protect.

Worlds apart, Ethan and Lena must once again work together to rewrite their fate, in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:42 -0400)

When Ethan wakes after the chilling events of the Eighteenth Moon, his one goal is to return to Lena and his loved ones, while back in Gatlin, Lena vows to do whatever it takes to bring Ethan home--even trusting old enemies and risking the lives of those Ethan left to protect.… (more)

Kami Garcia is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,111,175 books! | Top bar: Always visible