Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy

Second Chance Boyfriend

by Monica Murphy

Oh my gosh guys (fan girl scream!) that was even better than the first one. Don't get me wrong, the first one (One Week Girlfriend) was great, but this one just amazed me :o.

“She is good for me. I'm in love with her”
We start off this book with Fable working at a new job, another bar, but it is a higher class bar so she is paid more. One night Drew and his football buddies come to the bar to celebrate a teammates birthday. She gets in a tiff with one of his friends.

“But you don't disrespect women, Ty.”
Yay! Drew sticks up for her! He is just so sweet guys!

“I could never be over you”
Guys! Drew still isn't over Fable, and guess what? She isn't over him either! After he leaves the bar, he gets stranded without his friends, so he texts her the unavoidable "Marshmellow", I mean, how can she say no to that? So she goes and saves him.

“We fall onto the bed together and I am careful not to land on her since she is so little. And perfect”
And guys, she goes home with him that night! They talk about what happened and Drew explains everything to her! And then they make love and everything goes back to normal...for a little awhile.

“For a passion that's
Able to shine like ours
Blessed are we to
Love
Each other”
And the.he.wrote.this.poem.about.her!!! And tattoed it on him! Guys, I just can't!

“I want you to move in with me”
So I'm sure you remember Fabel's mom, well, she kinda does something bad. Drew volunteers himself for them to live with him!

Oh my gosh guys so much more happens but I just can't tell you! It'll spoil everything and I don't want to do that! Just please read this! You don't know what you are missing! ( )
  payneloverreviews | Sep 17, 2017 |
I enjoyed One Week Girlfriend much better than Second Chance Boyfriend The couple, Fable and Drew, both seemed more mature in OWG than in book #2. I liked them better in book #1 too.

I would think there would/should have been much more fallout after the "big dramatic scene" with Adele, instead we get an immediate HEA...the end. Considering Fabel and Drew's obsessing over everything up to this point the end seemed trite and rushed.

Note: You must read these book in order. Second Chance Boyfriend is written with the assumption that you have read One Week Girlfriend previously. ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
Unfortunately, this 2nd installment held my attention less than the 1st. I liked the beginning, as well as the ending, but the middle dragged for me. I'm not continuing the series. ( )
  Dawn94 | Dec 20, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It took a really long time for me to get this book, and when I finally picked it up to read it, I realized it was book 2 from a series!!! UGHHHH!!!! Needless to say I couldn't finish this book due to not knowing the backdrop to book one. What I did read of it sounds fun for this particular genre. ( )
  Tinasbookreviews | Sep 25, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Lost. Everything in my life can be summed up by that one sickening word. My football coach blames me for our season-ending losses. So does the rest of the team. I wasted two whole months drowning in my own despair, like a complete loser. And I lost my girlfriend - Fable Maguire, the only girl who ever mattered - because I was afraid that being with me would only hurt her.

But now I realize that I'm the one who's truly lost without her. And even though she acts like she's moved on and everything's fine, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. I know her too well. She's so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is be there to help her...to hold her...to love her.

I just need her to give me one more chance. We may be lost without each other, but together, we're destined to find a love that lasts forever.

I was really happy that Fable and Drew got a second chance. They are both such damaged characters, but they are good for one another. One Week Girlfriend and Second Chance Boyfriend both deal with serious issues of sexual abuse, neglect, and people with a complete lack of self-esteem. At times the books can be difficult to read because of the issues, but the overall story is one of survival, hope, acceptance and love.

I enjoyed Second Chance Boyfriend and opportunity for Fable and Drew to get it right this time. For a big, bad football star, Drew is remarkably romantic and sweet. Fable is all sarcastic tough-girl. The combination makes a good read.

The next in the series is Three Broken Promises. Can't wait to share my thoughts with you all!

~Shel ( )
  bibliojunkies | Sep 23, 2014 |

"The exhilarating conclusion to Drew and Fable's story--the star-crossed young romance that began in One Week Girlfriend"--

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Monica Murphy's book Second Chance Boyfriend was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,633,316 books! | Top bar: Always visible