Warlock Holmes: A Study in Brimstone by G.S.…

Warlock Holmes: A Study in Brimstone

by G.S. Denning

Warlock Holmes is an alternate reality to Sherlock Holmes if you couldn't have guessed from the cover.

I'll keep my review short and sweet. I enjoyed it. I'm very picky about my Sherlock and this was very pleasant and a humorous light read.

My biggest complaint is that in the last story, Watson ends up behaving very out of character based on what's established in this book alone. It caught me off guard and I saw no reason to it outside of some forced comedy that wasn't very funny at all. My other complaint is that I enjoyed the smaller cases far more than the opening and ending cases that were the story drivers. The bigger cases surprisingly didn't hold my attention very well.

Otherwise, I recommend anyone into more magic-based fantasy and comedic Sherlock stories to give it a shot. I look forward to reading the sequel. ( )
  FairestEve | Sep 6, 2016 |
This was a fun a quick read, especially if you like alternate Sherlock Holmes fiction. I cannot wait for the next Warlock Holmes adventure. ( )
  marysneedle | Jul 16, 2016 |
To my wife, Amanda, for all her support.
To my kids, who I hope get a giggle from this someday.
To my parents, who had the grace not to suggest I get a real job.
The dominion of man is drawing to a close. The age of demons is upon us.

"Sherlock Holmes is an unparalleled genius. Warlock Holmes is an idiot. A font of arcane power, certainly. But he's brilliantly dim. Frankly, he couldn't deduce his way out of a paper bag. The only thing he has really got going for him are the might of a thousand demons and his stalalwart companion. Thankfully, Dr. Watson is always there to aid him through the treacherous shoals of Victorian propriety and save him from a gruesome death every now and again"--Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,404,820 books! | Top bar: Always visible