Where is Max? by Mary E. Pearson

by Mary E. Pearson

762158,327 (4)None

Great graded readers ( )
  nengz | Oct 22, 2016 |
This is about a classroom pet named Max that has escaped his cage. The teacher calls for the whole class to look for Max.
This is a great book for younger chldren to learn their directional words such as high, low, near, far, etc. The book has really fun pictures of the children looking for Max and with a little closer look you can see Max in every picture.
I had fun searching for Max on each page and looking for the expression on Max's little face as he hides from the children. I can so relate with the teacher and class. I have had different hamsters with each of my children and somehow each of them have escaped from their cages. Some we were never able to find. But I can say that I have looked high, low, near, far and every other place to look.
I think it would be fun to talk about the different types of classroom pet, which are good choices and which ones are not so good. It would also be good to talk about what it would you have to do to take care of the pet. Another idea would be to actually get a classroom pet.
  munchkin49 | Jan 29, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 051627077X, Paperback)

All Rookie Readers actively engage young readers, encouraging language development, building fluency, and promoting independent reading. By targeting a skill, like learning about opposites, young readers are building fundamental reading skills with the help of fun, lively, colorfully illustrated stories.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:16 -0400)

When the class gerbil escapes from his cage, the children look everywhere for it and find a way to get it to return home.

Mary E. Pearson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,632,154 books! | Top bar: Always visible