Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

The Ship of the Dead by Rick Riordan

The Ship of the Dead

by Rick Riordan

Series: Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard (3)

Magnus and his friends must sail to Niflheim, the land of ice and cold, by Midsummer to prevent Loki from starting Ragnorak. Their journey to Niflheim takes them through Britain, Alfheim, and Norway, where Hearthstone must face his abusive father again and Mallory meets her goddess mother. ( )
  soraki | Jan 13, 2019 |
The Ship of the Dead brings an exciting conclusion to Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard. Magnus Chase and his friends must defeat the trickster god Loki to prevent Ragnarok, the end of the world.

When reading Riordan's work, I really enjoy the way that characters from mythology are updated for the modern world. The stories' drama and tension are often lightened by humor and the narrator's sarcastic observations. ( )
  Cynthia_Parkhill | Nov 24, 2018 |
This book is about a demigod named Magnus Chase. His father is Frey the god of summer and health. Loki has escaped from his chains, and starts making a boat named Naglfar so he can use it to end the world. Magnus has to try to stop him so, Percy Jackson the son of Poseidon helps teach him how to jump off a boat. Magnus and his friends get their own boat and sail to find Naglfar. They face many obstacles, many of the times some of them almost died. In the end they'd up saving the world and open a place called Case Space.
I really liked this book. I think it deserves a five star rating because of the way it is written. It is very funny and some times you have to read the book to get the jokes. I like Magnus's sword. His sword can talk and it is named Jack. I like how Jack sings songs but doesn't actually sing the real words. I love how the book and pronounciation guide. ( )
  CarmenG.B2 | Oct 8, 2018 |
Fantastic conclusion to this delightful trilogy. I appreciated the diversity. I'm thankful Riordan doesn't shy away from tough topics, especially since his books are geared to a younger audience. ( )
  canadianeggroll | Jun 15, 2018 |
A month after Loki escapes, Percy Jackson (A Greek Demigod) is teaching Magnus how to sail. Magnus then takes a journey with the other people in floor 19. Magnus' boat, called the Big Banana, is taken by Aegir and his nine daughters. Njord saves them and is able to help them find The Ship of Nails. Alex, Magnus, and T.J. make Pottery Barn to fight Hrungir for the Special Mead. Frigg is then revealed to be the mother of Malory Keen. Magnus fight Loki and Saves the day.

I did not like this book as much as the others. It felt like Mr. Riordan went lazy on this. It was longer than the others but not as great as the first two. If he had made it not as predictable and added some excitement the book would have been great. The book did not have what the others did. In a way it felt rushed. He should have taken his time. ( )
  GabrielN.G1 | Mar 22, 2018 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rocco, JohnCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Philip Jose Farmer,
whose Riverworld books kick-started my love of history
"Try it again," Percy told me.

Magnus and his friends set sail for the farthest borders of Jotunheim and Niflheim in pursuit of Asgard's greatest threat, Loki's demonic ship full of zombies.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,477,234 books! | Top bar: Always visible