Today I Will Fly! by Mo Willems

Today I Will Fly! (2007)

by Mo Willems

English (45)  Spanish (1)  All (46)
In this Elephant and Piggie book, Piggie decides to fly today, but elephant keeps telling Piggie that she cannot fly. Piggie finds help from other animals, including a duck to help her fly. She is help on a string by the duck as it flies and goes by elephant. Elephant is surprised to see Piggie flying, but Piggie admits that she got help from someone to allow her to fly. Then, Elephant decides he will fly tomorrow.
  Sgill17 | Nov 28, 2017 |
Piggie announces she is going to fly. Elephant is not at all supportive. He keeps telling her she can't. She tries and tries, and gets help, and tries different strategies. Ultimately she doesn't exactly fly, but she's held up by a flying bird, which is close enough. Elephant is very happy for her, and announces he will fly, too. ( )
  Tarawyn | Oct 24, 2017 |
Piggie wants to fly but Gerald the Elephant keeps telling her she cannot. She gets some help from a friend to accomplish her mission to fly. ( )
  katie.greenfield | Oct 1, 2017 |
Today I Will Fly! follows the journey of Piggie trying to fly and Elephant’s belief that it is a ridiculous endeavor. At the end of the story Piggie finds a way to “fly” in his own way, which then encourages Elephant to want to attempt to fly the next day.

Elephant and Piggie has something for every child, its relatable stories and conflicts when paired with contrasting but complimentary characters creates a story that any child can connect with. It has a number of good morals for the situations an average child may be faced with.
  fchloe1 | Mar 16, 2017 |
Reread for the Children's Books group. Still love it - and now I can appreciate what the experience of starting with the first book first may have been like. I can't articulate it though. I just have this sense that I would have been blown away. Five stars because everyone I know loves Willems, including my mom, my husband, and my sons. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
To my friend Alessandra
"Today I will fly!"

In this book Piggie - who is a pig - is bound and determined to fly, though Gerald, Piggie's best friend - the elephant - is convinced that it will not be possible for Piggie to fly. Throughout the story Piggie continues her effort and tries many ways to fly, all the while Gerald is skeptical until a change of heart and a twist at the end has Gerald shifting confidence and faith in his friend. What's great about this book, and Willems in general are the little, understated life lessons hidden in the humor in all of his books for children. These are hugely popular with children for both their humor, simplicity, easy reading and illustrations, yet all have some small life lesson that can translate immediatley into a child's life.

While Piggie is determined to fly, Elephant is skeptical, but when Piggie gets a little help from others, amazing things happen.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,991,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible