Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Volume 16 by…

Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Volume 16

by CLAMP

209455,966 (4.12)7

An excellent continuation of this most recent story arc. Danger, Action, and Suspense! ( )
  sasta | Feb 1, 2017 |
This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.com by express permission of this reviewer Synopsis Sakura is asleep from the last Feather and the group ends up on a world that is on its last legs due to acid rain and no fresh water. 2 buildings in Tokyo still have reservoirs, both protected by some sort of magic. The group battles the remnants of humanity, Fei-Wang is involved, Lee's twin is involved, only we find out the Lee who has been part of the group is a clone and the original has made sacrifices to Yuko the time witch for some reason. My Thoughts This was a confusing storyline. We had the world specific, Feather recovery story. We had the overarching story that deals with the evil Wei-Fang, Yuko and the group overall. We have revelations abounding about individuals. And then we get a new sidestory about some of the side characters. It was just so busy! Art wise, I slowed my reading to actually Look. CLAMP does great work, even if their characters look like taffy pull. Of course, I like that look. Rating: 3 of 5 Stars Artist & Author: CLAMP " ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
For several volumes leading up to this story arc, I was starting to feel like Tsubasa's story was cruising a bit, and it was frustrating because I liked the story and the characters and was ready for something to happen.

This volume, things happen. A lot of things. It was the best volume so far, way beyond the others. A lot gets explained, a lot more gets left unexplained, and for the first time since I started reading Tsubasa, I really, really, REALLY want to know what happens next (and won't find out til 17 comes out, grrr!). It's a little far in to the series to be a reason to pick it up for reader's who haven't been following it, but if you've been on the fence, or if you got bogged down during Piffle Princess Pod Racers, this is the volume that makes the series worth every penny. I hope the future volumes don't disappoint! ( )
2 vote unforth | Apr 10, 2008 |
Very, very intense. I'm not going to say ANYTHING about what happens except that it was very edge of your seat. If I didn't already know what was going to happen after this, I'd certainly be climbing the walls!! ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | Feb 24, 2008 |

THE FRIENDSHIP BREAKS!

The five dimension-hopping travelers have stuck together through all sorts of worlds and all kinds of harrowing adventures. But when the group enters the ruined city of Tokyo, two powerful fugitives set in motion a disastrous chain of events that may cause their tight-knit friendship to unravel. Syaoran’s mysterious past is finally revealed, and a tumultuous battle leaves one of the friends near death, while another becomes an enemy after a shocking act of betrayal. Don’t miss this pivotal volume in the Tsubasa saga!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:34 -0400)

"The five dimension-hopping travelers have stuck together through all sorts of worlds and all kinds of harrowing adventures. But when the group enters the ruined city of Tokyo, Two powerful fugitives set in motion a disastrous chain of events that may cause their tight-knit friendship to unravel. Syaoran's mysterious past is finally revealed , and a tumultuous battle leaves one of thee friends near death., while another becomes an enemy after a shocking act of betrayal."-- Cover… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,941,914 books! | Top bar: Always visible