Debt of Bones by Terry Goodkind

English (26)  Dutch (3)  French (1)  All (30)
short story sequel to the Sword of Truth series. About Zed and Abbey and how Zed raises the barriers between the lands. Interesting indeed. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
It was just there. Nothing special. Was interesting to get a backstory on Zedd though. ( )
  almoskwa92 | Nov 4, 2016 |
-- Terry Goodkind's DEBT OF BONES is a fable with confessors, wizards, & sorceresses. Abby convinces good Wizard Zorander to help save inhabitants of Coney Crossing from evil Panis Rahl, a D'Haran. There are fevers, blisters, shadow people. At 119 pgs. book is relatively short. Before DEBT OF BONES Goodkind was unknown to this reader. He's a New York Times bestselling author. -- ( )
  MinaIsham | Jul 27, 2016 |
Review Originally Posted At: FictionForesight

Review:

Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth Series was one of the first “long-series” that I ever read. So when looking for my next book to review, I decided to go back and re-read Debt of Bones. When I originally purchased it, I was very interested to learn what this prequel could add to what I already knew about how the story Wizards First Rule came to be. It’s a very short book compared to his others, with only 160 pages; and is further shortened by being Terry Goodkind's only book that provides pictures for the more intense scenes. Since this was a short book, this review will also be brief.

The Good:

It added some good flavor to the back story in regards to how “The New World” came to be divided. It gave the reader a greater understanding of the motives behind older characters; which led them to take actions that would change the course of history.

The Bad:

The story added some more detail to what the other books in the series told. However, it wasn’t all that much surprising (other than one event towards the end). Aside from this, my complaint with most of the books in this series, including this one, is that Terry Goodkind has a tendency to give a bit more detail than necessary to describe locations. Although this was not quite as apparent here as it was in his other books, the first half was still afflicted.

Overall:

For fans of the series looking for more depth and back story, it was an enjoyable read. Even though I’m a slow reader, this book only took me a day to finish. Although others may not like this series, it will always be one of my favorites. Upon finishing this book for my second time, I think I may have to go through and re-read the entire series. Don’t worry, if I do, I’ll be sure to keep you guys in the loop!

(www.FictionForesight.com) ( )
  FictionForesight | Apr 26, 2016 |
Interesting novella that explains how/why the boundaries went up. Also gives insight to Zedd when he was a much younger man, and First Wizard ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
To Danny Baror, my fierce advocate in faraway lands.
"What do you got in the sack, dearie?"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0765351544, Mass Market Paperback)

A milestone of storytelling set in the world of The Sword of Truth, Debt of Bones is the story of young Abby's struggle to win the aid of the wizard Zedd Zorander, the most important man alive.

Abby is trapped, not only between both sides of the war, but in a mortal conflict between two powerful men. For Zedd, who commands power most men can only imagine, granting Abby's request would mean forsaking his sacred duty. With the storm of the final battle about to break, both Abby and Zedd are caught in a desperate fight to save the life of a child...but neither can escape the shadow of an ancient betrayal.

With time running out, their only choice may be a debt of bones. The world-for Zedd, for Abby, for everyone-will never again be the same.

Discover why millions of readers the world over have elevated Terry Goodkind to the ranks of legend.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:16 -0400)

The story of young Abby's struggle to win the aid of the wizard Zeld Zorander, the most important man alive.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,944,390 books! | Top bar: Always visible