Quidditch Through the Ages by J. K. Rowling
6,65263565 (3.56)1 / 86

English (57)  Spanish (1)  Finnish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  French (1)  All languages (61)
Read
  MrsDoglvrs | Apr 24, 2016 |
So this book was mainly about quidditch and how it has improved. The book show has ball such as the bludger and the quaffel turned into what they are now. The snitch has also changed from a snitch (bird) in the golden snitch ball that the wizards use now. Kennilworthy Whisp also explains all the different type of teams around the world like the Heidelberg Harriers(germany), the Quiberon Quafflepunchers(france) or even the Woollongong Warriorsw(Austrailia). It is not a big sport in Asia while in England it is. The worst team (according to the book) is the Chuddley cannons team.Also there is apperantly 700 ways to make a foul in Quidditch two being Blagging(in which you grab another persons broomstick) and Cobbing(where you physically try to push someone off there broomstick).
I thought this book deserved five stars because there was a bunch of great stories inside. I love reading about wizards and quidditch so this book was great for me. The thing I loved most was the book was very detailed and had great names for certain things. It was very creative and it also is a quick read. I liked that they added teams from around the world because I didn't know there were that many teams because the Harry Potter books never mentioned them. I think my favorite team is the Heidelberg Harriers and the Chuddley Cannons because even though they lose a lot they stay pretty positive. I hope that more books are made after this like players from certain teams. They could probably make it a series where each book has a different team and it explains more about there past . ( )
  Paris.Hudson | Mar 30, 2016 |
Again, a very fun supportive read for Harry Potter fans. ( )
  jlsimon7 | Feb 26, 2016 |
vey helpful ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
No real importance to the Harry Potter series. It's interesting but not that much... A nice collectable item though. ( )
  Glaucialm | Feb 18, 2016 |
With thanks to J.K. Rowling for creating this book and so generously giving all her royalties to Comic Relief.
Kennilworthy Whisp is a renowned Quidditch expert (and, he says, fanatic).

A copy of a book from the library at Hogwart's, the school where Harry Potter and other young wizards receive their training, providing information about history and conduct of Quidditch, a sport played by competing teams on flying brooms.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,249,714 books! | Top bar: Always visible