Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman

Skinny Bitch

by Rory Freedman, Kim Barnouin (Author)

English (51)  German (1)  All (52)
This book is written by a couple of vegan woman who are trying to promote a vegan lifestyle.

It was ok. I don’t remember why I added it to my tbr, but maybe I thought it was going to be funny? Not sure. But, what I didn’t like was the insults and swearing. I suppose it was meant to catch your attention/be a gimmick, but I think they should have done without it. (At the end of the book, they do say the title and the way they wrote it was to catch people’s attention.)

On the other hand, I thought there was a lot of good information here. Now, these ladies are trying to convince people to go organic and vegan. I am not vegan. I am not even vegetarian (but I am close). I am “flexitarian” (yes, that’s a word! I eat meat occasionally, but not often at all), so I agree with a lot of what they have to say. Either way, I do think they gave out a lot of good information. There was a difficult section to listen to, describing some of the things that happen at slaughterhouses (I cried). I listened to the audio, but there was a large section at the end of the book that consisted of lists – unfortunately, that doesn’t work well in an audio. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jun 23, 2017 |
I couldn't get through this book- while I enjoyed the bitchiness, the "nutrition" that this book touts is dubious at best. They attempt to badger you into going vegan, and clearly buy into the same mentality that so many PETA members do. Being skinny is definitely not worth reading this book. ( )
  msemmag | Jun 14, 2017 |
My therapist actually recommended this book to me. I give it three stars because of the swearing but otherwise it's a good read, sometimes hilarious, sometimes enlightening (I can't believe I'm still drinking milk and soda - pus and acid), but there is a lot of swearing, A LOT.

Otherwise it's pretty insightful. I really ought to go back and read it again, I read it a couple of months ago but then got the whole Diabetes diagnosis and was freaking out about how to eat properly and ignored all the actually good news coming out of this book.

But be warned this book really suggest that you go organic vegan. I had to skip the chapter on meat although the next day I saw a rerun of Bones and it show the device used to kill pigs before taking them to slaughter. I'm only eating chicken and hamburger (and the occasional pepperoni - man that calzone was GOOOD!) ( )
  wendithegray | May 1, 2017 |
Nasty B!tch is more like it. ( )
  wandaly | Jun 30, 2016 |
Full of sass and funny! Awesome read and great for healthy eating and vegans as well. A book you will want to keep for reference and start looking fabulous! Give up the booz, as it makes you FAT! ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |

Rory Freedmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Barnouin, KimAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Not your typical boring diet book, this is a tart-tongued, no-holds-barred wakeup call to all women who want to be thin. With such blunt advice as, "Soda is liquid Satan" and "You are a total moron if you think the Atkins Diet will make you thin," it's a rallying cry for all savvy women to start eating healthy and looking radiant. Unlike standard diet books, it actually makes the reader laugh out loud with its truthful, smart-mouthed revelations. Behind all the attitude, however, there's solid guidance. Skinny Bitch espouses a healthful lifestyle that promotes whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, and encourages women to get excited about feeling "clean and pure and energized."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:11 -0400)

Presents advice on following a vegan diet which eliminates meat, dairy products, and eggs, and concentrates on vegetables, fruits, and soy products, to promote a healthier body free of toxins and the harmful ingredients present in overly processed foods.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,069,750 books! | Top bar: Always visible