Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea

by Chelsea Handler

When Chelsea Handler needs to get a few things off her chest, she appeals to a higher power--vodka. Welcome to Chelsea's world--a place where absurdity reigns supreme and a quick wit is the best line of defense. In this collection, Chelsea mines her past for stories about her family, relationships, and career that are at once singular and ridiculous. Whether she's convincing her third-grade class that she has been tapped to play Goldie Hawn's daughter in the sequel to Private Benjamin, deciding to be more egalitarian by dating a redhead, or looking out for a foulmouthed, rum-swilling little person who looks just like her, only smaller, Chelsea has a knack for getting herself into the most outrageous situations. --From publisher description.… (more)

English (102)  Italian (1)  All languages (103)
I'm a little in love with Chelsea Handler. ( )
  scout101 | Sep 15, 2020 |
My review of this book can be found on my Youtube Vlog at:

Enjoy! ( )
  booklover3258 | Aug 3, 2020 |
Yeah, I read this book. What?

And I thought it was funny. Irreverently funny. Oh-my-stars-I-can't-believe-you-are-actually-saying-that funny.

Chelsea Handler and I couldn't be more different, which may be why I so enjoyed her ridiculous true-ish stories. Especially the one about bringing a re-gift to the birthday party of a slightly-sociopathic compulsive liar she hardly knows.

Now I need to go read some Russians to start redeeming my elitist reading rep. ( )
  rhowens | Nov 26, 2019 |
This book was ok -- it wasn't as funny as I was hoping it would be but it was a quick read so it wasn't as though I spent a lot of time on it. ( )
  rlsova | Oct 29, 2019 |
Absolutely hilarious! ( )
  bookishblond | Oct 24, 2018 |
To my mother.

I love you, chunky monkey.
I was nine years old and walking myself to school one morning when I heard the unfamiliar sound of a prepubescent boy calling my name.

When Chelsea Handler needs to get a few things off her chest, she appeals to a higher power - vodka. You would too if you found out that your boyfriend was having an affair with a Peekapoo or if you had to pretend to be honeymooning with your father in order to upgrade to first class. Welcome to Chelsea's world - a place where absurdity reigns supreme and a quick wit is the best line of defense.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,492,240 books! | Top bar: Always visible