The 5,125-yearlong Mayan calendar ends on December 21, 2012, which many claim portends a massive global transformation. Some dread its arrival, believing it will be the beginning of the end. Others await it with delicious anticipation, expecting it to be the catalyst for a quantum leap of consciousness, the dawning of a true New Age.
Others wonder if anything at all will occur--remember Y2K?
2013: The End of Days or a New Beginning? examines all of the popular myths, prophecies, and predictions circulating about 2012, including the Mayan teachings of time acceleration and global awakening on a consciousness level. Furthermore it takes an in-depth look at lesser-known predictions and prophecies, and at the more scientific and reality-based challenges we will face.
Some of the questions this book explores include:
* Will cosmic and earthly chaos disrupt our lives with destructive sunspot cycles, volcanic super-eruptions, monster storms, mass extinctions, and asteroid threats?
* Will huge leaps in technology create bionic humans, computers that think, and an end to all disease--possibly even death itself?
* Will economic and geopolitical powers shift out of the West and into the "the New Eurasia," with new wars being fought over dwindling resources as global warming takes its toll?
* Will this be the evolution revolution of human consciousness--or the final countdown that leads to Armageddon itself?
* Will it be the apocalypse so many have feared--or the rebirth of the world and the transformation of humanity?
There is much, much more to the 2012 enigma than just an ancient calendar, and 2013: The End of Days or a New Beginning? will prove it.