Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth Book &…

Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth Book & CD Set

by Barbara Park

Recently added byUICS, HoffmanAM27, clymer281, talk2jessi, bunnymom, stdamian, private library, larildsen

Junie B. is unable to control what comes out of her mouth and gets in trouble again. Different professions are visiting the classroom and Junie finally decides to become a janitor since she had a run in with one. She end up becoming friends with the janitor.
  laurlou | Jun 10, 2014 |
This one was fun to read to the kids. ( )
  capiam1234 | May 17, 2014 |
This book is highly entertaining; I could not stop laughing while reading. The main idea of the story is that kids can grow up to be anything they want to be. In this book Junie B decides she wants to be a janitor when she grows up. Junie B gets made fun of because everyone says it is a man’s job. “Girls can be anything boys can be! Right, Mrs.? Right? Right? … Mrs. did a smile.” This is one example in the book her Junie B is put on the spot and embarrassed. The book is hysterical because like always Junie B is running her mouth at school and gets in trouble a lot. ( )
  mderob1 | May 11, 2014 |
I really enjoyed reading this book. I read this series in elementary school and it brought back many memories. I liked reading it because the language was simple, which made it quick and easy to read. For example, the sentences are short. "My name is Junie B. Jones. The B stands for Beatrice." I also liked reading it because it has a good message. When Junie B. Jones decides she wants to be a janitor she is made fun of. This taught her not to constantly be running her mouth because she will get mad fun of and also get into trouble! I think this is a good message to learn when to speak and when not to. Furthermore, it teaches you that you can be anything you want to be. ( )
  mingra2 | May 6, 2014 |
In my opinion, this is a great chapter book for beginner readers. I have always enjoyed the Junie B. Jones series as a child and I like this particular book for many reasons. The language is written in the way that a typical kindergartner, such as Junie, would speak. The informal grammar and spelling may make it easier for young readers to understand. An example of this language is, “That’s how come I shined it right in his big fat crying mouth.” The writing of this book is engaging and organized into chapters. Larger font is used to make reading less stressful, which I enjoy because the story is easier to read and comprehend. The great use of dialogue also enhances comprehension and makes you feel as if you were there. I like the author’s use of capital letters to emphasize screaming because it makes the story come alive. You can hear the character’s loud voices and strong emotions through the pages. The characters in this story are believable and relatable. Junie B. Jones is a very lively and animated character whose emotions of excitement and embarrassment can be felt throughout the story. Other characters that may relate to a child are the mean boy, Jim, the snobby girl, Lucille, the annoying baby brother, Ollie, the pre-occupied parents, and the friendly janitor. These characters may appear in a child’s everyday life. This book is written in first person through the eyes of Junie, which I really like because the reader learns so much about Junie’s personality and opinions. For example, Junie states, “I made a growly face at her. I do act like a little lady, you dumb bunny Lucille! And don’t say that again, or I’ll knock you on your can,” demonstrating her defiant nature. The plot, which is Junie must choose an extravagant career to represent on Job Day in order to impress her friends, is relatable to students with similar school assignments. This book pushes readers to broaden their views on different types of careers and understand that both boys and girls can select any job they want. The book reads, “Girls can be anything boys can be! Right, Mrs.? Right? Right? … Mrs. did a smile. Then my bestest friend Grace started to clap. And guess what? All of the other girls in Room Nine clapped too.” The big idea is every type of job is important and necessary. You can be anything you want as long as you work hard for it and not worry about the opinions of others. ( )
  jgiann2 | Mar 11, 2014 |
"Losing baby teeth is exciting isn't it?" she asked. "Yes," I said. "Except for I don't like the part where you cry and spit blood."

Sometimes life is P.U.

Junie B.'s having a rough week. First she got punishment for shooting off her mouth in kindergarten. And now she's in big trouble again! 'Cause Monday is Job Day, and Junie B. told her class that she's got the bestest job of all. Only, what the heck is it?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:31 -0400)

When her kindergarten class has Job Day, Junie B. goes through much confusion and excitement before deciding on the "bestest" job of all.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,110,968 books! | Top bar: Always visible