Arrr! (Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day)

Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth Book &…

Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth Book & CD Set

by Barbara Park

In this Junie B. Jones book Junie and her class learn about careers and have a job day at their school. Junie learns about many different jobs and how they are done. She also has to work on keeping quiet and only talking when she is being called on in class. Junie is also adjusting to having a new baby at home and not being the center of her parent's attention.

Junie B. Jones books are loved by children across the country. I like this books and others in the series because they are funny and have story lines that children can relate to. They also have simple plots and the sentence structure and word choice are easy to understand. The thing I do not like about these books is that in trying to be funny the author uses many words and phrases that are grammatically incorrect. While many children enjoy this aspect of her books I feel like it may be confusing to them and similar things could show up in their writing. ( )
  kkerns3 | Sep 16, 2014 |
Junie B. is unable to control what comes out of her mouth and gets in trouble again. Different professions are visiting the classroom and Junie finally decides to become a janitor since she had a run in with one. She end up becoming friends with the janitor.
  laurlou | Jun 10, 2014 |
This one was fun to read to the kids. ( )
  capiam1234 | May 17, 2014 |
This book is highly entertaining; I could not stop laughing while reading. The main idea of the story is that kids can grow up to be anything they want to be. In this book Junie B decides she wants to be a janitor when she grows up. Junie B gets made fun of because everyone says it is a man’s job. “Girls can be anything boys can be! Right, Mrs.? Right? Right? … Mrs. did a smile.” This is one example in the book her Junie B is put on the spot and embarrassed. The book is hysterical because like always Junie B is running her mouth at school and gets in trouble a lot. ( )
  mderob1 | May 11, 2014 |
I really enjoyed reading this book. I read this series in elementary school and it brought back many memories. I liked reading it because the language was simple, which made it quick and easy to read. For example, the sentences are short. "My name is Junie B. Jones. The B stands for Beatrice." I also liked reading it because it has a good message. When Junie B. Jones decides she wants to be a janitor she is made fun of. This taught her not to constantly be running her mouth because she will get mad fun of and also get into trouble! I think this is a good message to learn when to speak and when not to. Furthermore, it teaches you that you can be anything you want to be. ( )
  mingra2 | May 6, 2014 |
"Losing baby teeth is exciting isn't it?" she asked. "Yes," I said. "Except for I don't like the part where you cry and spit blood."

Sometimes life is P.U.

Junie B.'s having a rough week. First she got punishment for shooting off her mouth in kindergarten. And now she's in big trouble again! 'Cause Monday is Job Day, and Junie B. told her class that she's got the bestest job of all. Only, what the heck is it?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:31 -0400)

When her kindergarten class has Job Day, Junie B. goes through much confusion and excitement before deciding on the "bestest" job of all.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,704,468 books! | Top bar: Always visible