You Suck: A Love Story by Christopher Moore

You Suck: A Love Story (original 2007; edition 2008)

by Christopher Moore

Member:petiteblonde
Title:You Suck: A Love Story
Authors:Christopher Moore
Info:Harper Paperbacks (2008), Paperback, 352 pages

You Suck: A Love Story by Christopher Moore (2007)

Horns by Joe Hill (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: If you like the darkly humorous aspects of Horns, you may like You Suck. Like Horns, You Suck has paranormal elements, and the protagonist has to cope with newly found powers after a mysterious occurrence.
    Who's Afraid of Beowulf? by Tom Holt (Dr.Science)
    Dr.Science: The English author Tom Holt is relatively unknown in America, but very popular in England. If you enjoy Jasper Fforde or Christopher Moore you will most certainly enjoy Tom Holt's wry sense of English humor and the absurd. He has written a number of excellent books including Expecting Someone Taller, and Flying Dutch, but they may be difficult to find at your library or bookstore.… (more)
    Vampires Anonymous by Jeffrey N. McMahan (GirlMisanthrope)
    GirlMisanthrope: Vampires plus humor.
    Vampire Taxonomy: Identifying and Interacting with the Modern-Day Bloodsucker by Meredith Woerner (meggyweg)
    The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror by Christopher Moore (meggyweg)

English (131)  Spanish (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (133)
This book made me laugh, which most books do not. Smile? Yes. Giggle? Maybe. Actually laugh out loud? Never. I absolutely adored Abby. She was everything I love rolled into one feisty character. The way that the characters cross paths, and interact is just comical, and leaves you craving more. ( )
  Katlers | Jun 15, 2016 |
I was laughing so hard I was crying! ( )
  Belles007 | Jan 17, 2016 |
This book picks up right where Bloodsucking Fiends leaves off. Jody and Tommy are both vampires now and need to find a minion to help them out during the day, Tommy's former co-workers (the Animals) have squandered the million dollars they stole from the elder vampire on a Las Vegas hooker, and the Emperor and his men don't know what to do to protect the city from the growing number of vampires that seem to be cropping up.

I read the first book long enough ago that I don't remember much of it, but I think this one is better. I made the mistake of reading it at work, and it was hard not to laugh out loud at the hilarity of the whole thing. Moore's portrayal of teenage goth girl Abby Normal was so spot on that have to ask myself whether he was ever an angst-ridden teenage girl. ( )
  AmandaL. | Jan 16, 2016 |
What great fun this book was to read. The characters were hilarious and endearing. I never thought how fun it could be to be turned into the living dead! Nosferatu, 4 ever! ( )
  bouldermimi | Jan 13, 2016 |
OK, this is getting to be a trend. I keep saying I'm not a Christopher Moore fan, but I keep liking his stuff more and more all the time. I was literally laughing out loud at this one. I'll be reading the next one right away. Maybe I am a Christopher Moore fan?... ( )
  bicyclewriter | Jan 8, 2016 |
As with his best work, there’s a fundamental sweetness beneath the antics. And the characters are developed with real affection. That most of them are dead is never allowed to seem sad. And for parasitical bloodsuckers, they do remarkably little harm.
added by stephmo | editNew York Times, Janet Maslin (Jan 15, 2007)

Susan Bennetts' sassy reading is a perfect fit for Moores satirical story and sarcastic dialogue.

For my readers, by request.
"You bitch, you killed me! You suck!"

Being undead sucks. Literally.

Just ask C. Thomas Flood. Waking up after a fantastic night unlike anything he's ever experienced, he discovers that his girlfriend, Jody, is a vampire. And surprise! Now he's one, too. For some couples, the whole biting-and-blood thing would have been a deal breaker. But Tommy and Jody are in love, and they vow to work through their issues.

But word has it that the vampire who initially nibbled on Jody wasn't supposed to be recruiting. Even worse, Tommy's erstwhile turkey-bowling pals are out to get him, at the urging of a blue-dyed Las Vegas call girl named (duh) Blue.

And that really sucks.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:45 -0400)

Waking up to discover that his girlfriend is a vampire and has transformed him into one, Thomas C. Flood adapts to his new powers while dealing with a dangerous faction of bloodsuckers trying to kill off all other vampires.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,871,193 books! | Top bar: Always visible