Harvest [and] Life Support by Tess Gerritsen

Harvest [and] Life Support

by Tess Gerritsen

Dutch (2)  English (1)  All (3)
READ IN DUTCH

I had heard a lot about Tess Gerritsen, but I had never read anything written by her before I read 'Harvest / Life Support'. It was also the first time I read a 'medical thriller', a genre which made me curious.

First Harvest. Abby gets a job by a very important transplantteam but she fell into disstatisfaction by the others when she decides to give a new heart to an uninsured boy instead of an insured woman. Then suddenly there is a new heart available for the woman. But, who's heart is it and how did it come in the hospital?

I thought the idea was quite interesting, but it took me a long time to finish the book. I can't really say what the problem was, and I liked the way she wrote the story, but somehow there was something that stopped me from reading. Right now I'm planning to read 'Bloodstream' very soon, so I hope I will read the one faster.

Last but definitely not least Life Support. A group of old men gets a strange disease and no one knows how they got this disease. It happens to be that all of them entered in a project with life prolonging hormones. It seems like there is something wrong with the experiment?

The writing style of this book is the same as Harvest, but somehow I thought this book to be more readable. At least I read this book much faster than I read Harvest and I actually thought that this story was more interesting. But that, of course, is a matter of opinion. As I said, I'm planning to read more of her books soon. ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
Hartslag: - Hij was klein voor zijn leeftijd, kleiner dan de andere jongens die in de tunnel in Arbats-Kaya bedelden, maar ondanks het feit dat hij pas elf was, had hij alles al meegemaakt
Diagnose Besmet: - Een scalpel is een prachtig ding

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,925,307 books! | Top bar: Always visible