The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah…

The Girl Who Chased the Moon

by Sarah Addison Allen

Recently added bykellifrobinson, mirikayla, twileteyes, lovelypenny, ccindyy, MaureenCean, private library
    The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen (brightbel)
    Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen (brightbel)
    Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman (lahochstetler)
    lahochstetler: Books about girls who have lost their mothers and who find new lives in somewhat Gothic southern towns.
    Between, Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson (Reader_Barbara)

The characters were really likeable and the story was wonderful like in her first two books, but this just wasn't very well written. I kind of liked it against my will. Was Garden Spells the same way and I just don't remember it? I don't know, but this feels like it falls into a good beach reading type of category.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
Another excellent story from this author. I really enjoyed reading this book. Sarah Addison Allen creates realistic characters and beautiful settings and always adds a touch of magic. I was hooked from the first chapter, wondering when the secrets would be revealed and how each character in this SC town played a part in the secret. This is my 2nd favorite book by this author. I love her writing style. The author included an interview at the back of this book and this quote is a major reason why I love her books: "My favorite books are the ones that make me smile for hours after reading them. I want that for my readers, for the sweetness to linger."-Sarah Addison Allen The story still lingers in my head long after I've read it and I love thinking about the characters and what they may be doing today. This book also included recipes for a few cakes. I hope to try them one day. ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
like this as well as her other 2 books. Light quick read,. A teenage girl moves to her mothers hometown after her mothers death. She soon realizes her mother was a very different person when she was her daughters age. ( )
  micahmom2002 | Jan 25, 2016 |
  micahmom2002 | Jan 25, 2016 |
Very enjoyable read! Life would be interesting with a little magic and some fantasy elements spicing things up :-) ( )
  Cricket856 | Jan 25, 2016 |

Sarah Addison Allenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lowman, RebeccaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the memory of famous gentle giant Robert Pershing Wadlow (1918-1940). At the time of his death at age twenty-two, he was eight feet eleven inches tall - a world record that has never been broken.
It took a moment for Emily to realize the car had come to a stop.

Emily Benedict came to Mullaby, North Carolina, hoping to solve at least some of the riddles surrounding her mother's life. But the moment Emily enters the house where her mother grew up and meets the grandfather she never knew, she realises that mysteries aren't solved in Mullaby, they're a way of life. Here are rooms where the wallpaper changes to suit your mood. Unexplained lights skip across the yard at midnight. And a neighbour, Julia Winterson, bakes hope in the form of cakes, offering them to satisfy the town's sweet tooth - but also in the hope of rekindling a love she fears might be lost forever. Can a hummingbird cake really bring back a lost love? Is there really a ghost dancing in Emily's backyard? The answers are never what you expect. But in this town of lovable misfits, the unexpected fits right in.
Family secrets,
A glimmering of sweetness,
Shining in the dark.
(SylviaC)

Moving in with the grandfather she never knew after the death of her mother, 17-year-old Emily witnesses bizarre supernatural activities in her new North Carolina community while befriending its remarkable residents.

Sarah Addison Allen is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,204,873 books! | Top bar: Always visible