Magic Tree House Research Guide #07: Titanic…

Magic Tree House Research Guide #07: Titanic

by Mary Pope Osborne, Will Osborne

This book parallels Tonight on the Titanic. The Magic Tree House book are fiction, but they include some elements that are true. Titanic is a nonfiction book that describes the facts of this horrible disaster. I absolutely love that Mary Pope Osborne created this book because it allows students to understand what truly happened on that horrible night. The book is told in a way that captures the attention of children and allows them to better understand the story of the Titanic. The book discusses how the ship was built, people aboard the ship, heroes of the disaster, and much more. Even I learned some new things that I didn’t know before! ( )
  mkstorey | Apr 17, 2017 |
GR: M
GL: 3.2
DRA: 24
Lexile: 680L
  Infinityand1 | Aug 3, 2016 |
I really enjoyed reading this book for a few reasons. The books primary purpose was to inform children about the Titanic. I like the fact that Magic Tree House has the ability to write a totally non-fiction book while keeping the interest of young readers. I liked the pages of illustrations that helped the reader visualize what was described on the pages before or after. There are also diagrams and flow charts that explain the parts of the boat and what went wrong. This is yet another way to attract diverse readers who need the pictorial representation to fully comprehend the story. I also like the flow of the book. It goes from beginning to end. It starts with the construction of the boat, and ends with the sinking. I think the main point of the book is to inform young readers about what the time of the Titanic and the tragic story that surrounds it ( )
  rcarpe4 | Mar 23, 2016 |
I enjoyed reading this informational chapter book for many reasons. The first reason was because I liked how organized it was. When you first open the book, a table of contents is provided which is helpful for the reader. I also liked how the author provided side note definitions and pictures for the reader. By doing this, the reader is able to get a better understanding of the information. For example on pages 22-25, the author provides a picture of the titanic and labels the parts of the ship. Another reason I liked this book was because of the language and how descriptive it was. It was very easy to read and understand especially for young readers. The message of this book is to inform readers about the history of the Titanic. ( )
  Emoy1 | Mar 14, 2016 |
In my opinion this is a good book. I liked that this book is nonfiction and that it makes sure that its information is correct. It also gives the reader at the end of the book more sources that the reader can visit if they are interested in learning more about the Titanic. I also really enjoyed the illustrations and photos that are used all about the book. In the first few pages, there is a four paged diagram of everything that was put into and how the ship was organized so the reader can see the whole ship. Thirdly, I liked the writing of this because it is all well organized and flows from one chapter to another. The book just moves from the creation of the boat and then finally ends on looking at after the sinking and the excursions to revisit what is left of the ship in its areas that it finally settled in its resting place. I believe that the main point of this book was to inform the reader about everything involving the Titanic. ( )
  mhartz4 | Mar 10, 2016 |

Mary Pope Osborneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Osborne, Willmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure in Magic Tree House #17: Tonight on the Titanic, they had lots of questions. How many people were aboard the Titanic? Why weren’t there enough lifeboats for all the passengers? How did this “unsinkable” ship sink? What lessons can we learn from the tragedy? Find out the answers to these questions and more as Jack and Annie track the facts. Filled with up-to-date information, photos, illustrations, and fun tidbits from Jack and Annie, the Magic Tree House Fact Trackers are the perfect way for kids to find out more about the topics they discovered in their favorite Magic Tree House adventures.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:16 -0400)

Explores the history of the steamship Titanic, from Thomas Andrews' plans for "the safest ship on the ocean" to the lingering questions concerning its disastrous maiden voyage in 1912.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,165,292 books! | Top bar: Always visible