The Simple Dollar: How One Man Wiped Out His…

The Simple Dollar: How One Man Wiped Out His Debts and Achieved the Life…

by Trent Hamm

71None167,659 (3.36)None
2011 (2) 2013 (1) @Amazon (1) B&N (1) biography (1) business (3) caravan (1) ebook (9) economics (2) finance (4) finances (2) financial (3) free (3) freebie (2) Kindle (19) minimalism (1) money (3) money management (1) non-fiction (12) nook (2) own (2) PD (1) personal finance (7) PF (1) read (2) retirement (1) self improvement (1) self-help (3) signed (1) to-read (3)

I read this book on my Kindle. I chose this book because I enjoy reading how other people have gotten out of debt, or walked away from a career they didn't love, etc. My husband and I are on this road as well, and I love to read other people's ideas and thoughts on how they got off one journey they didn't love, and headed in the direction their heart truly wanted to take them.

Mr. Hamm has several different thoughts on changing things about one's life whether it's financial, professional, or personal. I thoroughly enjoyed reading his insight. He is very motivational, and has given me some different ideas on things that I can do, changes that I can make. He has inspired me to do something each day to move towards those changes.

If you are feeling dissatisfied with where you are in life, financially, professionally, or personally, I would strongly reccommend this book to you. It's an easy read with practical ideas! ( )
  thebigreader | Dec 15, 2013 |

Struggling with debt?

Frustrated about work?

Just not satisfied with life?

“Trent Hamm set out to boost his happiness by freeing himself from debt. This account of how he succeeded, and how he was able to construct the life he’d always wanted, will inspire readers to put his ideas to work in their own lives.”

–Gretchen Rubin, author of the #1 New York Times best seller, THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

The Simple Dollar paves the way to an uncluttered financial and richly rewarding life. Trent’s experiential advice prepares readers for the expected–and most importantly the unexpected–complexities of the modern economic world. Live debt free, mind the gap, and find a framework to get the secure and happy life you desire.”

–Erin Rooney Doland, author of Unclutter Your Life in One Week and Editor-in-Chief, Unclutterer.com

“If you feel like your finances are out of control, read The Simple Dollar. Trent Hamm burns with the unforgettable fire of someone who has gone from debt to wealth, and this book can inspire you to do the same.”

–J.D. Roth, author of Your Money: The Missing Manual and editor of GetRichSlowly.org

The Simple Dollar can change your life.

Trent Hamm found himself drowning in consumer debt, working in a job he couldn’t stand… and figured out how to escape that debt and build the fulfilling career he’d always dreamt about, all at the same time.

Hamm shared his experiences at TheSimpleDollar.com—and built it into one of America’s top personal finance websites. Now, The Simple Dollar is a book: packed with practical tips, tools, and lessons you can use to transform your life, too.

This isn’t just “another” personal finance book: it’s profoundly motivating, empowering, practical, and 100% grounded in today’s American realities. Trent Hamm will show you how to rewrite the rules, creating healthier relationships with money… and with your loved ones, too. With his help, you can get out of debt, start moving forward, and build the strong personal community that offers true happiness—no matter what happens to the economy.

·        Escape the plastic prison, and stop running to stand still

5 simple steps to eliminate credit card debt… and 5 more to start moving forward

·        Shift your life’s balance towards more positive, stronger relationships

Learn how to put the golden rule to work for you

·        Discover the power of goals in a random world

Then, learn how to overcome inertia, and transform goals into reality

·        Navigate the treacherous boundaries between love and money

Move towards deeper communication, greater honesty, and more courage

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:41:58 -0400)

131 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,494,120 books! | Top bar: Always visible