- All collections (1,508), Your library (1,508), Read/reference (1,342), To read (158), Currently reading (5), Favorites (296), Modern Library (197), Everyman's Library (148), Loeb Classical Library (53), Library of America (22), Penguin (106), Oxford (58), History (336), Literature (644), Drama (85), Philosophy/Religion (186), Poetry (125), Essays (96), Reference (65), Nature Guides/Gardening (57), Sets (9), The Fine Arts (20), Food/Wine/Beer (11), Science/Math (36), Language (9), Law (8), The Weird (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- Jan 8, 2010
- About My Library
- I have over 1470 books, mostly hardcover. 1950 Works. I have run out of space on my book shelves. I'm constantly acquiring more.
- About Me
- Avid reader. I am working my way up through the civilized canon (Western, Indian, Chinese, Islamic and Japanese) of literature, philosophy, science beginning with Gilgamesh. Currently 392 works to read.
- Avon, Ohio, USA
- Currently Reading
- The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, The Girls of Slender Means, The Driver's Seat, The Only Problem (Everyman's Library Classics & Contemporary Classics) by Muriel SparkRabbit Angstrom: A Tetrology: Rabbit, Run; Rabbit Redux; Rabbit Is Rich; Rabbit at Rest by John Updike
- Favorite Authors
- Louisa May Alcott, Aristoteles, Sant'Agostino, Jane Austen, Honoré de Balzac, Jonathan Barnes, Ambrose Bierce, Charlotte Brontë, Emily Brontë, Pearl S. Buck, Lord Byron, Willa Cather, Anton Chekhov, Winston Churchill, Stephen Crane, Demosthenes, Charles Dickens, Annie Dillard, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Theodore Dreiser, George Eliot, William Faulkner, Gustave Flaubert, Shelby Foote, Galileo Galilei, Edward Gibbon, Robert Graves, Zane Grey, Thomas Hardy, Hesiod, Hermann Hesse, Homer, Victor Hugo, Washington Irving, Thomas Jefferson, Rudyard Kipling, Sinclair Lewis, Livy, Jack London, Dumas Malone, Thomas Mann, John Milton, Frank Norris, Plutarco, Edgar Allan Poe, Alexander Pope, Alexandre Dumas, pere, William H. Prescott, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Sir Walter Scott, William Shakespeare, John Steinbeck, Robert Louis Stevenson, Bram Stoker, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Henry David Thoreau, J. R. R. Tolkien, Leo Tolstoy, Mark Twain, Leon Uris, Oscar Wilde, Thornton Wilder, Thomas Wolfe, Herman Wouk, Xenophon