- Beg (25), Robbins (12), Half Asleep In Frog Pajamas (12), The Moment of the Rose (10), napoleon (8), ludwig (8), auld acquaintance (7), Mains and Robinson (6), the knocker on death's door (4), ellis peters (4), Douglass (3), The Fireside Book of Children's Songs (3), Sharp (3), The Turret (3), Winn (3), An Irresistible Impulse (3), Foresman (2), How To Talk To Bears (2), marsh (2), new zealand (2), Kansas Books (2), on my way practice reader (1), Summer Reading Books (24 Copies) (1), Crazy lady (1), Reading Practice Series (1), 8 copies-are- logged (1), mystery (1), Barnes and Noble Classics (1), Famous Dog Stories (1), science fiction (1), poetry (1), Quilter (1), Books on Tape (1), The Repetitive Strain Injury Recovery Book (1), education (1), Math Resources (1), Their lives and times (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- Sep 11, 2014
- Real Name
- Eastern Cowley County Resource Center & Lighthouse Libra
- About My Library
- Lighthouse Library is a Literacy project of Eastern Cowley County Resource Center. It is a library with an ocean theme complete with a 25 ft. working lighthouse outside and a 12 ft. wooden lighthouse inside (children's reading center) and it also has a large saltwater aquarium. There are seven dependable volunteers who staff the facility. It was built mostly by volunteers. ECCRC receives no Government funding but rather is funded by private and Corporate donations.
There is a small thrift store (Treasure Chest) on the site as well as a rental cabin (Grouse Valley Lodge). You may find both on Facebook. You may book the cabin for $45 a night on www.flipkey.com Proceeds from these two sustaining projects go to fund ECCRC and Lighthouse Library. We have a public food bank on the site as well. We provide computer workshops, many children's workshops including ROBOTICS and other fun programs. Children's garden on the site.
The library received 23,000 donated books. The books were sorted and those in the current collection are being uploaded to Library Thing. This will be an ongoing task and volunteers are very welcome. Please check back often! You may come visit Lighthouse Library at 107 S Main in Dexter, Kansas on Tues. - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or Saturday from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (620) 876-7323
- About Me
- Lynn Pettigrew Norris, Director of ECCRC. Licensed Secondary Kansas Language Arts Teacher. I oversee Lighthouse Library when I am not teaching English in a public school. Author of two books. Love reading, writing, and discovering new things through books! Love technology. Have a Graduate degree in Curriculum & Instruction/Educational Technology. BA Communications/Writing. BA Education/English.
- 107 S Main, PO Box 40, Dexter, KS 67038
- tess_schoolmarm (teacher)