- All collections (2,562), James (76), Downsized (506), Your library (985), Currently reading (25), 12 Step Canvas Bag (2), 1001 Books to Read Before You Die (318), Altar Bookcase (116), Audio Books (219), Bedroom (5), L Billy Cabinet (1), L Billy Shelves (103), Middle Billy Shelves (73), R Billy Shelves (97), Calibre (583), Daune (6), Desk (14), Favorites (38), For Later (24), Guest Room 1 (43), Guest Room 2 (86), Guest Room 3 (24), Guest Room Dresser (16), Kidz (226), Kindle (290), LT Early Reviewers (9), LT Member Giveaways (57), LT Recommendations (131), Mic's library (85), Missing (20), Persephone (3), Previously started (31), Read (208), Read but unowned (323), Read and Released (125), Requested (2), School House (27), To read (2), Virago (216), VMC (236), L Wall Unit (92), Middle Wall Unit (4), R Wall Unit (122), Virago Modern Classics Bookcase (87), Wishlist (58)
- 1001 (187), Block (14), Scudder (14), Virago (6), Virago; VMC (5), VMC (4), Virago Modern Classics (4), Classic (2), Canadian (2), Barcelona (2), mothers and daughters (2), Chronic Fatigue; Myalgic Encephalomyelitis; Fibromyalgia; Multiple Chemical Sensitivities; MCSS; FMS; CFS; ME (2), mothers (2), novella (2), Henry James (1), Orwell (1), Werewolves (1), 1001 Books (1), Novella (1), Shapeshifters (1), Witches (1), Dystopian literature (1), Canadian author; Manawaka Cycle (1), 030760196x (1), love you forever (1), Betrayal (1), Sci-fi (1), King Arthur (1), Kit Marlowe (1), Switzerland (1), Toronto (1), historical fiction (1), ChickLit (1), Walker (1), American Literature (1), Vampires (1), Urban Fantasy (1), British literature (1), Italy (1), Romance (1), Dystopia (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- 1001 Books to read before you die, 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up, 2013 Category Challenge, 2014 Category Challenge, 2015 Category Challenge, 50 Book Challenge, 75 Books Challenge for 2012, 75 Books Challenge for 2013, 75 Books Challenge for 2014, 75 Books Challenge for 2015, 75 Books Challenge for 2016, 75 Books Challenge for 2017, Booker Prize, Canadian Bookworms, Canadian Fiction/Non-Fiction Reading Challenge, Cats, books, life is good., Crime, Thriller & Mystery, Hobnob with Authors, Horror!, Medicine, Monthly Author Reads, One LibraryThing, One Book, Persephone Readers, Reading Through Time, Sandman, The 12 in 12 Category Challenge, The Green Dragon, Virago Modern Classics, Written in Stone - The Literary Cemetery
- Aug 25, 2011
- Real Name
- About My Library
- I have so many books I have run out of space. I kept buying another bookcase and another bookcase and another bookcase. I don't have any room for another bookcase!!
Here is my rating system: 'Stolen' and adapted from several LT folks
★ - hated it -didn't finish it
★½ - forced myself to finish but really wasted my time
★★ - a struggle to keep reading; easy to walk away from
★★½ - issues with this book but an ok read
★★★ - not quite good; not bad either
★★★½ - enjoyed it;
★★★★ - really kept my attention
★★★★½ - loved it!
★★★★★ - couldn’t put it down; all-time favourite
I recently found this quote:
"Even when reading is impossible, the presence of books acquired produces such an ecstasy that the buying of more books than one can read is nothing less than the soul reaching towards infinity... we cherish books even if unread, their mere presence exudes comfort, their ready access, reassurance."
--- A.E. Newton
AND another one ...
"Can't garden. Don't want to travel. But can read, must read. For me, reading is the essential palliative, the daily fix. Old reading, revisiting, but new reading too, lots of it, reading in all directions, plenty of fiction, history and archaeology always, reading to satisfy perennial tastes, reading sideways too - try her, try him, try that ... So I have my drug, perfectly legal and I don't need a prescription."
--- Penelope Lively in Amonites and Leaping Fish
- About Me
- My real name is Cathy. I recently turned 68 years of age and I sometimes feel much older and sometimes much younger.
I have two sons, 37 and 32 and they live near me with their wives.
I have a grandson who is the cutest kid ever! He just turned 5 years old and is so adorable I can hardly stand it!! And this past week my grandaughter was born. Tiny little girl and absolutely gorgeous. It amazes me that you can have so much love in your heart for someone you have only spent 3 hours with.
My beautiful tuxedo cat died a few months back and my sweet, tiny Yorkie passed away a year ago. I miss them both dearly but plan to remain on my own now.
I love to read and am often frustrated because there isn't enough time to read everything I want to. I have some health issues and often find it difficult to concentrate (although in the last few years that has been much better) so you will see a lot of 'beach read' type books in my library but I try and get in a lot of classics also. And I read a lot of non-fiction.
I became a member of the Library Thing community in August 2011.
Im not spending much time here any more. My life has become much busier as my health has improved but I continue to read.
Thanks to Library Thing and all it's members for making reading even more enjoyable!
- North York, Ontario, Canada
- Also On
- Currently Reading
- Cagney & Lacey ... and Me: An Inside Hollywood Story or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Blonde by Barney RosenzweigThe Vagina Bible: The Vulva and the Vagina: Separating the Myth from the Medicine by Jennifer Gunter
- Favorite Authors
- Local Favorites
Libraries: Toronto Public Library - Burrows Hall