- Anthropology (94), History (65), Science Fiction (52), Linguistics (52), Neuroscience (30), Synesthesia (29), Semiotics (29), Biography (28), Humor (25), Evolution (24), Medicine (23), Fantasy (20), Celts (18), Philosophy (18), Mystery (16), Children's literature (13), Memoirs (13), Classic Literature (13), Horror (12), Piano music (12), Drama (11), Reference (10), Natural History (10), Physics (9), Poetry (8), Historical Fiction (8), Travel account (8), Japanese literature (7), Science (7), Sensoria (6), Color science (6), Irish (6), Mathematics (6), Culinary Arts (6), Mythology (6), Just Read (5), Short stories (5), Forensics (5), Russian literature (5), Biology (5), Herbal (4), Erotica (4), Epidemiology (3), Old English (3), Autobiography (3), Art (3), Psychology (3), Music composition (2), Ethology (2), Critique (2), Social commentary (2), Parody (2), Autism (2), Dinosaurs (2), Currently Reading (2), Sociology (2), Aesthetics (1), French literature (1), Annotation (1), Bible (1), haiku (1), Italian literature (1), Law (1), Spanish literature (1), Egyptology (1), Archeology (1), Irish literature (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- Jun 20, 2008
- Real Name
- Sean A. Day
- About My Library
- "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx
- About Me
- I hold a Ph.D. in Linguistics, and a B.A. & M.A. in Anthropology. I currently teach Anthropology and English at Trident Technical College, in Charleston, South Carolina, U.S.A. Most of my current research regards linguistic, neurological, and cultural aspects of synesthesia. I myself am a multiple synesthete. I am also current President of the American Synesthesia Association.
- North Charleston, South Carolina, U.S.A.
- Currently Reading
- Favorite Authors
- The Beatles, Jorge Luis Borges, Mikhail Bulgakov, Edward Bulwer Lytton, Baron Lytton, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Galileo Galilei, Stephen Jay Gould, H. Rider Haggard, Robert A. Heinlein, Alexander von Humboldt, James Joyce, Vladimir Nabokov, Natsume Sōseki, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikola Tesla, Jules Verne, Mae West, Ed Wood