- Your library (5,552)
- friends & family (434), feelings (413), animals (352), songs & nursery rhymes (237), fairytales & folktales (206), winter (202), big book (186), halloween (167), our bodies (151), water life (139), counting (138), insects (136), imagination (135), alphabet (127), pets (124), dinosaurs (120), farm animals (119), let's find out about (118), transportation (116), food (109), school (106), colors (97), bedtime (89), construction (85), eric carle (85), concepts (84), space (73), polar animals (69), reptiles & amphibians (64), dr. seuss (63), nature (59), cooperation (58), curious george (57), holidays (56), thanksgiving (54), plants (54), words & languages (52), book with cd (48), clothes (45), manners (45), weather (44), fire (43), fall (43), multicultural (42), science (41), 5 senses (38), birds (35), i spy (35), music & dance & art (34), mo willems (33), froggy (32), valentine's day (31), early readers (30), jan brett (28), pumpkins (28), shapes (28), berenstain bears (27), our world (24), book with tape (23), sounds (22), clifford (22), spring (22), apples (19), emerging readers (18), seasons (17), arthur (16), franklin (14), circus (14), Idenity & gender (12), tacky (11), summer (9), lets find out about (7), max & ruby (7), conscious discipline (6), Feelings (5), Halloween (5), friendship (5), songs and nursery rhymes (4), songs (4), adoption (3), bilingual (3), Thanksgiving (3), Animals (2), Food (2), Friendship (2), Berenstein Bears (2), Arthur (2), School (2), dogs (2), . (2), big book concepts (2), Space (2), dual language (2), Self-esteem (2), Winter (2), Kisses (1), reptiles (1), poloar animals (1), Let's find out about (1), Pete the cat (1), cats (1), literacy (1), germs (1), sports (1), swamps (1), moon (1), Eric Carle (1), I Spy (1), Mo Willems (1), hamsters (1), transportaion (1), Big Book (1), bullies (1), Nature (1), Imagination (1), Transportation (1), rivers (1), Friends & Family (1), Franklin (1), ecology (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- Aug 21, 2010
- Real Name
- Orchard Ridge Nursery School
- About My Library
- My name is ANNELIESE, and I teach 3, 4 and 5 year olds in the Yellow Room. I like to share Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day with young children because most can relate to the boy in this book. We’ve all had our bad days, just like Alexander. (Viorst, Judith. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. New York, NY: Atheneum, 1987.)
Synopsis: One a day when everything seems to be going wrong for him, Alexander is consoled by the thought that other people have bad days too.
My name is SUE, and I enjoy reading Grumpy Bird, written by Jeremy Tankard, to my 3 and 4 year old students in the Blue Room. (Tankard, Jeremy. Grumpy Bird. New York, NY: Scholastic Press, 2007.)
Synopsis: When Bird is feeling too grumpy to fly, he begins to walk and finds that his mood changes as other animals join him.
My name is KATHY. My 4 and 5 year old students in the orange room and I love My Best Sweet Potato by Rainy Dohaney. (Dohaney, Rainy. My Best Sweet Potato. New York, NY: Atheneum, 2006.)
Synopsis: This suspenseful book with a happy ending follows a girl as she searches frantically after a curious weaverbird carries away Woolyman, her favorite toy friend.
My name is PAM, and the 4 and 5 year olds in the purple room like listening to the story of Mister Seahorse. (Carle, Eric. Mister Seahorse. New York, NY: Philomel, 2004.)
Synopsis: In this educational and fun book, Mrs. Seahorse lays her eggs on Mr. Seahorse's belly and he drifts through the water, greeting other fish fathers who are caring for their eggs.
My name is DEBBIE, and I teach a class of seven 2-1/2 to 3 year olds in the morning and a class of ten 3 to 4 year olds in the afternoon in the Red Room. One of my favorite books to share with my classes (or any child) is The Little Band by James Sage. (Sage, James. The Little Band. New York, NY: Margaret McElderry Books, 1991.)
Synopsis: In this enjoyable story, a little band of instruments marches through town delighting everyone with its beautiful music.
My name is KATI, and I teach 2 and 3 year olds at ORNS in the Red Room. A book that I have fun reading with children is The Napping House by Audrey Wood. (Wood, Audrey. The Napping House. Orlando, FL: Harcourt, 1984.)
Synopsis: With just one bite, a wakeful flea atop a number of sleeping creatures causes a BIG commotion.
My name is CAROL, and the 4 and 5 year old friends from the Green Room and I recommend Duck! Rabbit! by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. (Krouse Rosenthal, Amy. Duck! Rabbit! San Francisco, CA: Chronicle Books, 2009.)
Synopsis: Two characters, not visible to the reader, argue about whether the creature they are looking at is a rabbit or a duck.
My name is SYLVIA, and I teach 3 and 4 year olds in the Orange Room. The children especially enjoy the story, This Way Ruby by Jonathan Emmet. (Emmet, Jonathan. This Way Ruby. New York, NY: 2007.)
Synopsis: Ruby, the smallest of five duckling siblings, is always looking and lagging behind, until they get lost in a storm and Ruby uses her powers of observation to try to save them.
My name is LANA. I teach 4 and 5 year olds in the Yellow Room at ORNS, and one of my favorite books to share with them is Superhero ABC by Bob Mcleod. Superhero ABC is so much more than an ABC book—it brings humor, imagination, the fun of comics, and many imaginative superheroes, making it an enjoyable read for superhero fans as well as beginning readers. (Mcleod, Bob. Superhero ABC. New York, NY: HarperCollins, 2006.)
- About Me
- Orchard Ridge Nursery School
Orchard Ridge Nursery School (ORNS) is a private, non-profit preschool that serves families with children between two and five years of age.
Since its inception in 1967, ORNS has been a pioneer in providing high-quality education for preschoolers in the Madison area.
- Madison, WI
- Favorite Authors