This topic is currently marked as "dormant"—the last message is more than 90 days old. You can revive it by posting a reply.
The Folio Society who have already published the first seven of the Aubrey/ Maturin books have announced that they will be producing the entire series.
Edit: So I joined...
Oh dear. That's pure trouble.
(edit) - Grr. They changed the offer to the first 4 books for $20, but I may still have to join to get them.
My initial thoughts:
- Easton Press has complete series available now, FS not yet complete but apparently committed.
- Both have illustrations, but I've not seen examples from either: anyone who has, care to comment? For example, I'm curious if both include maps, and whether they're specific to each volume or a common map reprinted in each volume. Similarly, are diagrams (of ships) included, and are they specific to each volume.
- I think I prefer the dark blue leather of Easton's edition, to the light blue of FS.
- Price appears to be comparable, save for shipping for FS depending upon location (I've followed the thread on this in the FS group)
- I believe Easton's endpapers are identical for each volume; FS has endpaper unique to each volume?
I want to join one or another to get this series specifically, and appreciate help in making a decision.
ETA I am an idiot
I'm not sure how I failed to notice parelle's post linking to the exact post I list above, just one above my own post. Nearly a month earlier. But I failed to notice. Thanks, parelle, and, um, apologies.
Join to post