Drums of Autumn (1997)

by Diana Gabaldon

Series: Outlander (4)

Twice Claire has used an ancient stone circle to travel back to the 18th century. The first time she found love with a Scottish warrior but had to return to the 1940s to save their unborn child. The second time, twenty years later, she reunited with her lost love but had to leave behind the daughter that he would never see. Now Brianna, from her 1960s vantage point, has found a disturbing obituary and will risk everything in an attempt to change history.… (more)

English (153)  Dutch (2)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (157)
Wow that was long. ( )
  RealLifeReading | Mar 11, 2022 |
Jamie and Claire and comfortable with each other again. Now begins the blossoming story of Brianna Fraser and Roger MacKenzie. It was pins and needles for a time, but the book ends in strength.

Another thing to be noted is that it was revealed that Jamie's headstone was a ruse only to lead Claire to Jack Randall, but was about the fire in the newspaper? Only the future will tell. On to the next book, The Fiery Cross. ( )
  nab6215 | Jan 18, 2022 |
Claire and Jamie are making a life in colonial America. Briana acts recklessly going back in time to meet Jamie. Roger goes after her. I found Briana annoying. Roger cares so much more for Briana than she does for him. I preferred it when they were in Scotland. ( )
  nx74defiant | Oct 2, 2021 |
I started this series when it first came out because I kept hearing how great it was. And while I did enjoy the first novel I enjoyed it less and less with each subsequent book. Reading these books has become more habit than anything else. I really have not enjoyed the last few books and this one was no exception. I sort of feel obliged at this point to see the story to its conclusion so it would be nice if it would finally conclude. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
Despite some boring bits in the beginning, it was another great book in the series. ( )
  _Marcia_94_ | Sep 21, 2021 |

Diana Gabaldonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Craft, KinukoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dellepiane Rawson, AliciaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Porter, DavinaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Regös, FerencCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schnell, BarbaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Er verdwijnen altijd wel ergens mensen. De meeste vermisten worden uiteindelijk teruggevonden, dood of levend. Voor verdwijningen bestaan nu eenmaal verklaringen. Meestal
This book turned out to have a lot to do with fathers, and so it's for my own father, Tony Gabaldon, who also tells stories.
I've never been afraid of ghosts.

Diana Gabaldon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,601,543 books! | Top bar: Always visible