The Living Bible by Kenneth Nathaniel Taylor

The Living Bible

by Kenneth Nathaniel Taylor

Recently added byjdhellwege, stjohnmbc

Oscar A Hoyt 111 Given by Eula & Grady for Christmas one year ( )
  lshjs2007 | Sep 28, 2011 |
Paraphrased New and Old Testaments
  Folkshul | Jan 15, 2011 |
Great Bible, easy to understand
  SheilaVCR | Nov 16, 2009 |
I dislike this translation very very much. This seems like a watered down version. It might as well be named, Bible of Dummies. Hmmmm, there's more truth in that than meets the eye. ( )
2 vote AlexTheHunn | Oct 11, 2007 |
A gift from a friend. Not a version I would personally use as a scholarly text. ( )
1 vote antiquary | Aug 15, 2007 |
I have here translated, brethren and sisters most dear and tenderly beloved in Christ, the New Testament for your spiritual edifying, consolation and solace, exhortynge instantly and besechynge those that are better sene in the tongues than I, and that have higher gifts of grace to interpret the sense of Scripture, and meaning of the Spirit, than I, to consider and ponder my labor, and that with the spirit of meekness.  And if they perceive in any places that I have not attained the very sense of the tongue, or meaning of the scripture, or have not given the right English word, that they put to their hands to amend it, remembering that so is their duty to do.  For we have not received the gifts of God for ourselves only or for to hide them;  but for to bestow them unto the honoring of God and Christ and edifying of the congregation, which is the body of Christ. -From Wm. Tyndale's Prologue to the first printed English New Testament published in 1525
When God began creating the heavens and the earth, the earth was at first a shapeless, chaotic mass, with the Spirit of God brooding over the dark vapors.
When God began creating the heavens and the earth, the earth was at first a shapeless, chaotic mass, with the Spirit of God brooding over the dark vapours. (British edition)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0842322507, Imitation Leather)

Celebrating 40 years and over 40 million lives touched, Tyndale is releasing the familiar green hardcover binding of The Living Bible with a fresh new interior. Features include a Bible reading plan, four-color maps, and a topical concordance. The uncluttered, 2-column format makes for easy reading. The Living Bible is a paraphrase of the Old and New Testaments. Its purpose is to say as exactly as possible what the writers of the Scriptures meant, and to say it simply, expanding where necessary for a clear understanding by the modern reader.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:18 -0400)

The popular Living Bible is available in several editions to meet a wide variety of customer needs. The Deluxe Award Bible and Personal Gift Edition offer numerous features and a value price.-- Words of Christ in red letter-- Text list of verses on today's key topicst-- Single column format-- Book introductions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,325,267 books! | Top bar: Always visible