Where She Went

by Gayle Forman

Series: If I Stay (2)

Adam, now a rising rock star, and Mia, a successful cellist, reunite in New York and reconnect after the horrific events that tore them apart when Mia almost died in a car accident three years earlier.
Recently added bykingmob2, private library, Rennie8888, hintera, Arina8888

English (245)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Swedish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (248)
Hermoso, perfecto, ay es la cosa más maravilloso que leí *-*

Reseña no tan fangirl pronto ( )
  Ella_Zegarra | Jan 18, 2022 |
I'm not going to say much since this is an ARC and I don't want to spoil the world, but I really enjoyed this one and I didn't think I was going to. However if anyone out there can contact the publisher and tell them that cellos don't have E strings that would be great (that was the only thing about the music parts that bugged me). ( )
  readingjag | Nov 29, 2021 |
WOW. Gayle Forman is an amazing, lyrical writer. I don't care if Adam and Mia sat in an elevator all night, it would still be breathtaking. There is so much raw emotion in this book. At one point, I was afraid to finish! I was terrified of a bad ending. I laughed, I cried, I fell in love with two fictional characters. I don't know if there will be a third book, but I would totally buy it. ( )
  ElizaTilton | Nov 5, 2021 |
3.5 stars ( )
  _Marcia_94_ | Sep 21, 2021 |
Three years ago, Adam and Mia split. Mia had lost her family and had barely survived herself. She was about to head to Julliard to study the cello. Adam, meanwhile, became a famous rock star. This is told from Adam’s point of view as he and Mia meet up again in New York after one of Mia’s concerts.

I listened to the audio and I had no issues with it. But overall, I thought the story was ok. It’s been a long time since I read the first book, but I did think the author did a nice job with the recap. It seemed to fill me in on everything I needed to know that I had forgotten. I guess music stories are not necessarily all that appealing for me, nor are rock star celebrity stories. Of course, this is a YA book, so I can see where both of those things are maybe more appealing for younger people. ( )
  LibraryCin | Sep 8, 2021 |
Os dilemas de Mia e Adam são exatamente os mesmos que provavelmente aconteceram várias vezes nas vidas de muitas pessoas que você e eu conhecemos e jamais chegamos a ficar sabendo. Constatar esse fato, saber disso com tanta certeza, transforma uma história de perda, dor e decisões em um verdadeiro horror existencial. Como se pode resolver o que é absolutamente normal? Como se pode encontrar abrigo do que já está resolvido?
added by Luis_O_M_Dantas | editMy blog, Luis Dantas (Oct 24, 2014)

As I read WHERE SHE WENT I felt a weight settle in my chest. Adam's pain and loss was so palpable that certain passages left me without the ability to breath. I was so overcome with emotion that I was left bereft of tears. I understood Adam's anger, sympathized with Mia's decisions and was a willing captive to their journey. I truly enjoyed the music lyrics that introduced certain chapters it is one of my favorite bits that add to the magic of this book. Gayle Forman is an amazing talent and she has returned with a story that is filled with love, anger, heartbreak and hope. In the same beautiful lyrical style as before while returning us to a couple that we can never forget.
added by nata_ku | editMine, Natalija Kuznecova (Nov 19, 2010)

Belongs to Series

It may well be that in a difficult hour,
Pinned down by pain and moaning for release,
Or nagged by want past resolutions power,
I might be driven to sell your love for peace,
Or trade the memory of this night for food,
It may well be. I do not think I would.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
Excerpt from "Love is not all, it is not meat or drink"
FOR MY PARENTS: for saying I can.
Every morning I wake up and tell myself this: It's just one day, one twenty-four-hour period to get yourself through.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Gayle Forman's book Where She Went was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,250,304 books! | Top bar: Always visible