F is for Fugitive by Sue Grafton

F is for Fugitive

by Sue Grafton

Series: Kinsey Millhone (6)

Recently added byprivate library, pberinstein, cougargirl1967, sherribelcher, LindaEdwards

English (25)  Spanish (1)  All languages (26)
Journeyman work from an experienced writer.

Lots of lame similes and metaphors and over use of the word "really"; really?

I expected better quality writing from a master author.

Her editor shouldn't have let it go to press as poorly written as it is. ( )
  DinoReader | Aug 21, 2014 |
I'm a big fan of Kinsey Millhone but this is my least favorite book of the series so far. The mystery is interesting and it took a while to figure out but Kinsey's attitude through the whole book was disturbing. She seems very contemptuous of anyone with physical disabilities, a family, any religious feelings or anyone that's out of shape. Her rude comments about people in these categories really distract from the story and I'm guessing that a lot of her readers fall in at least one of these categories. The cast of characters are not very likeable either.

The mystery involves a 17 year old murder case. Bailey Fowler confessed to the murder but escaped from prison. After leaving many years as a private citizen, he is recaptured and going back to prison. His family asks Kensey to prove his innocence. This book is not set in Santa Teresa because Kinsey's apartment is being rebuilt after a bomb destroyed it in the last book.

I'll keep reading the series because they are well-written, interesting mysteries but I'm hoping for better things from "G." ( )
  Mrsbaty | Jan 15, 2014 |
Ok this might be the most boring book of this series so far. I know that I should just stop reading them but me and a friend are having a great time picking out the most ridiculous lines or plot points together. What makes me sad is I really do like mysteries, a lot in fact. That's why these books are so disappointing to me, I really wanted them to be better. Everyone said they were great, and yet I am only being let down.

These books are slow, uninteresting (to me obv.), and most egregious booooooring.

Maybe these books just aren't "for me". I may keep reading if only for the humor, but they aren't my favorite books in the world. ( )
  Sarah_Buckley | Jan 3, 2014 |
  cmakny | Aug 14, 2013 |
I can't belive she's going to write 26 of these. ( )
  katemo | May 16, 2013 |

Grafton, Sueprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eräpuro, AnnikaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Holleman, WimTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kaye, JudyReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Marian Wood
whose faith keeps me afloat
The Ocean Street Motel in Floral Beach, California, is located, oddly enough, on Ocean Street, a stone's throw from the sea wall that slants ten feet down toward the Pacific.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312939043, Mass Market Paperback)

When Kinsey Millhone first arrives in Floral Beach, California, it’s hard for her to picture the idyllic coastal town as the setting of a brutal murder. Seventeen years ago, the body of Jean Timberlake—a troubled teen who had a reputation with the boys—was found on the beach. Her boyfriend Bailey Fowler was convicted of her murder and imprisoned, but he escaped.

After all this time, Bailey’s finally been captured. Believing in his son’s innocence, Bailey’s father wants Kinsey to find Jean’s real killer. But most of the residents in this tight-knit community are convinced Bailey strangled Jean. So why are they so reluctant to answer Kinsey’s questions? If there’s one thing Kinsey’s got plenty of it’s persistence. And that’s exactly what it’s going to take to crack the lid on this case.

As Kinsey gets closer to solving Jean’s murder, the more dirty little secrets she uncovers in a town where everyone has something to hide—and a killer will kill again to keep the past buried...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:46 -0400)

F is for flight ... for fear ... for fugitive. A father believes his son was wrongly convicted for the murder of a troubled teenage girl seventeen years earlier in Floral Beach, California. Detective Kinsey Millhone finds everyone in the small town has something to hide-- and a killer will kill again to keep the past buried. -- Publisher info.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,883,990 books! | Top bar: Always visible