dismiss

Harry Potter Schoolbooks: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them /… (2001)

by J. K. Rowling

Series: Harry Potter's Schoolbooks (Schoolbooks 1-2), Harry Potter (Schoolbooks 1-2)

2,719193,611 (3.89)6
As featured in the first year set texts reading list in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, 'Fantastic Beasts and where to find them' is an extensive introduction to the magical beasts that exist in the magical, non-Muggle world. Some of the animals featured in the A-Z you will have already met in the existing Harry Potter books- for example Hippogriff, Flobberworm, Kappa - others you certainly won't- read on to find out exactly what a Chizpurfle is, why there are so few Erumpents, or why one should always beware of the sinister Lethifold...As Albus Dumbledore says in his introduction, this set text book by Newt Scamander has given the perfect grounding to many a Hogwarts student. It will be helpful to all Muggles out there too... On reading the book you will also find that Harry, Ron and (in one instance) Hermione - couldn't resist grafittiing the book, and adding their own personal hand-written opinions. Did you know that - there are 700 ways of committing a foul in Quidditch? The game first began to evolve on Queerditch Marsh? What Bumphing is? That Puddlemere United is oldest team in the Britain and Ireland league? (founded 1163) All this information and much more could be yours once you have read this book- this is all you could ever need to know about the history, the rules - and the breaking of the rules - of the noble wizarding sport of Quidditch.… (more)

English (18)  Dutch (1)  All languages (19)
I loved how inside Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, there are little witty 'scribbles' from Ron, Harry and Hermione. Reminded me of what I always did to my textbooks too! Both books are very pleasantly detailed and wittily written. I loved it! ( )
  KrystleLow | Oct 27, 2016 |
These companion books to the Harry Potter series offer information on two subjects that reoccur throughout the series. One is an overview of Quidditch, and the other is a brief history of how magical beasts, beings and spirits are classified by the Ministry of Magic. It also gives an A to Z of both mythical creatures and those unique to the Harry Potter series. ( )
  SebastianHagelstein | Aug 16, 2012 |
better than the harry potter books but still not very good. ( )
  Kata18 | Apr 7, 2012 |
My boys have enjoed these two books in additional to the other Harry Potter books. ( )
  christi.lenz | Sep 4, 2011 |
I read each in less than 1 day ( )
  Hellian1 | Mar 31, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,083,773 books! | Top bar: Always visible