Harry Potter Schoolbooks: Fantastic Beasts…

Harry Potter Schoolbooks: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them /… (2001)

by J. K. Rowling

English (18)  Dutch (1)  All languages (19)
I loved how inside Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, there are little witty 'scribbles' from Ron, Harry and Hermione. Reminded me of what I always did to my textbooks too! Both books are very pleasantly detailed and wittily written. I loved it! ( )
  KrystleLow | Oct 27, 2016 |
These companion books to the Harry Potter series offer information on two subjects that reoccur throughout the series. One is an overview of Quidditch, and the other is a brief history of how magical beasts, beings and spirits are classified by the Ministry of Magic. It also gives an A to Z of both mythical creatures and those unique to the Harry Potter series. ( )
  SebastianHagelstein | Aug 16, 2012 |
better than the harry potter books but still not very good. ( )
  Kata18 | Apr 7, 2012 |
My boys have enjoed these two books in additional to the other Harry Potter books. ( )
  christi.lenz | Sep 4, 2011 |
I read each in less than 1 day ( )
  Hellian1 | Mar 31, 2010 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 043932162X, Paperback)

Now, the classic books from the library of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry--Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages--are available in hardcover in a sturdy boxed gift set. (These books are written by J.K. Rowling herself under the pseudonyms Newt Scamander and Kennilworthy Whisp.) Finally, Muggles will have the chance to discover where the Quintaped lives, what the Puffskein eats, and why it is best not to leave milk out for a Knarl. The Quidditch textbook explains where the Golden Snitch came from, how the Bludgers came into existence, and why the Wigtown Wanderers have pictures of meat cleavers on their clothes. Both books, designed to look like Harry Potter's actual, used Hogwarts textbooks, feature silly scribblings from Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Proceeds from the sale of this gift set will go to improving and saving the lives of children around the world. Harry Potter fans, rejoice! (All ages)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:22 -0400)

A history of the sport Quidditch, answering such questions such as where the Golden Snitch came from, or why the Wigtown Wanterers have meat cleavers on their robes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,659,660 books! | Top bar: Always visible