Booky Wook 2: This Time It's Personal…

Booky Wook 2: This Time It's Personal

by Russell Brand

With book 1, I thought candid but without a conscience, this time there's a primordial conscience, but a lot of his life has just seemed empty and gross. ( )
  rosechimera | Mar 16, 2018 |
  rosechimera | Mar 16, 2018 |
A lot of people have mixed feelings about Russell Brand. I, myself, think that it would probably be difficult to contain an energy such as his in a 'real life' setting but I do find his book amusing and insightful. Here are a few of my favorite quotes:

"Life is not a postcard of life, life is essential and about detail, minutia and trivia."

"If I should die think only this of me, 'I thought it would be funny.'"

Brand displays a strange dichotomy of reverence toward women to an unattainable perfection and a misogynistic viewing of them as simply a means to a (happy) end(ing). This sequel, Booky Wook 2: This time it's personal, was everything I thought it would be and more. Its main focus is his continuing rise to fame and his sex addiction. He continues to astound me with his insight and irreverence. The ending is bittersweet but I'll leave that a mystery so as to whet your appetite. ;-) I look forward to hopefully reading more from him in the future. ( )
  AliceaP | Jul 20, 2014 |
One of those rare books that kept me awake till 3 a.m. because I just had to read a little bit more. Russell's voice, wonderful love of language, incredible flights of fancy and humour jump from every page. The book charts his rising fame where drug addiction is replaced by sex addiction, until the kicks become too tawdry even for him.

Russell comes across as honest, extremely self-aware, with a boyish vulnerable charm that softens but never excuses his selfish behaviour. He is controlled by a mischievous sprite that in turn yearns to be controlled by love. Good luck Katy. ( )
  LARA335 | Oct 26, 2011 |
Funny, and reprehensible. Is being self-aware a good thing when you're aware of being a bit of a tool? But this book did make me laugh a lot. And he's an intelligent man so hopefully he'll get over it. ( )
  annesadleir | Aug 31, 2011 |
Funniest book i have ever read, actually made me laugh out loud :)
added by Britaaanie05 | editbirtanie, Graant Britaanie

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061958077, Hardcover)

My Booky Wook was one of the most revered and successful celebrity autobiographies of all time (not including the Bible or anything by Oprah). The honesty, mayhem, and scandal made it as riveting and fanciful as anything found in fiction.

In Booky Wook 2, this award-winning achievement is surpassed as Russell charts his rise from crack-house junky to Hollywood star, indulging in sexual excesses that make Caligula seem like a prudish spinster. On his quest to find true love, Russell encountered thousands of women, often three or four at a time (for efficiency), and his dizzying ambition led to chaos and controversy that could have landed him in prison and left the BBC in ruins.

This is the story of what happens when insatiable desire meets limitless opportunity and when a punk from the wrong side of the tracks is given the keys to the palace. This riot of self-indulgence would be rampaging still but for a tossed bottle to the head from one of the world's biggest pop stars.

Can true love conquer all? Is it a more powerful force than the raging libido of a professional madman? The answer lies inside.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:59 -0400)

Follows the now sober but still scandalous, sex-fueled star on his electrifying rise to international fame.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,433,038 books! | Top bar: Always visible