Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Heal Your Body by Louise Hay

Heal Your Body (1976)

by Louise Hay

The mental causes for physical illness and the metaphysical way to overcome them.
  CenterPointMN | Jun 13, 2018 |
Basically a book of Affirmations for any type of illness which is just another power of alternative medicine and control. Interesting health concept and book. ( )
1 vote DianaLynn5287 | Jun 21, 2013 |
I use this book daily, both in my massage business and my personal life. It has helped me with the connections between mind, body and soul. ( )
  marsha.carmichael | Oct 29, 2012 |
In Heal your body, Louise Hay write about psychosomatic illness and how you can use your thought processes to affect health in disease. The book begins with Hay’s experiences and how each time she healed herself of major illness and other physical problems. She then lists many common problems and complaints from blackheads and deafness to gangrene and cancer, listing the cause of the illness and the new patterns of thought that will reverse the illness. So, if you have jaundice, it is because you have internal and external prejudice along with unbalanced reason. To cure this, say and believe that “I will have tolerance and compassion and love for all people, myself included.”

I truly believe that the mind can affect how we feel and can make many physical illnesses better or worse. In the many books by John E. Sarno on mind-body disorders, he is careful to say that first, medical examinations must be made and physical problems that exist be treated before addressing psychosomatic illness. If there is no physical cause, we treat the mind. And sometimes we treat both the physical and the mental at the same time, taking the reflux medicine and treating the stress and rage that may cause the reflux in the first place. Hay violates this principle by not recommending this very important step, taking chances with the health of her readers.

Even though her advice can be used along with traditional medical treatment, I hesitate to recommend this book because of her disregard for the safety and well being of her readers. Use with extreme caution. ( )
1 vote fdholt | May 13, 2011 |
Audiobook - I love this book and am a true believer that our body dis-ease is usually related to stuff that is going on in our lives. I also have the paperback book which I will use to create an affirmation recording for myself. ( )
  Fernandame | Oct 26, 2010 |
I have long believed the following: "Everything I need to know is revealed to me." "Everything I need comes to me." "All is well in my life." There is no new knowledge. All is ancient and infinite It is my joy and pleasure to gather together wisdom and knowledge for the benefit of those on the healing pathway. I dedicate this offering to all of you who have taught me what I know: to my many clients, to my friends in the field, to my teachers, and to the Divine Infinite Intelligence for channeling through me that which others need to hear.

How think ye? Ye well?
If not, a new thought pattern
May be the answer!

Heal Your Body is a fresh and easy step-by-step guide. Just look up your specific health challenge and you will find the probable cause for this health issue and the information you need to overcome it by creating a new thought pattern.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:37 -0400)

Heal Your Body A-Z is a fresh and easy step-by-step guide, set up in an A-to-Z format. Just look up your specific health challenge, and you will find the probable cause for this health issue, as well as the information you need to overcome it by creating a new thought pattern.… (more)

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0937611352, 1561707929

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,523,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible