Clockwork Princess

by Cassandra Clare

Series: The Infernal Devices (3), The Shadowhunter Chronicles (3)

When seventeen-year-old orphaned shapechanger Tessa Gray is kidnapped by the villainous Mortmain in his final bid for power, the London Institute rallies to save her, but is beset by danger and betrayal at every turn.

English (179)  Swedish (1)  Danish (1)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (183)
Un finale perfetto per questa trilogia!
La storia si è conclusa bene, era affascinante. Continuavo a volere leggere anche quando non potevo. I personaggi sono cresciuti mentre leggevo, e soprattutto Jem e Tessa sono ora parte di me. Lo spazio dato ai personaggi secondari è molto di più di quello dato di solito in altri libri, e mi ha reso felice. La loro storia era interessante quanto quella di Tessa.
Purtroppo c'è una cosa irrisolta, riguardo alla stella che è comparsa sulla spalla di Will. Avrei voluto sapere perché è comparsa. ( )
  thereadingpal | Jun 14, 2022 |
I must say that I had to put this book down when I thought that James Carstair had died. I had grown so fond of the character that it made me feel something. ( )
  kskristine | May 17, 2022 |
Cassandra Clare's best series by far!
I have to say that first of all, Jem how dare you step between Wessa!
Tessa definitely was pressured into marrying him, just saying! Tessa loved both of them equally and Will cared for Jem, honestly, CC had the chance to make a threesome lol.
Tessa had so much potential in this book, she was calm, a bookworm, but she always needs rescuing which kind of annoyed me.

However, the humour in here was top-notch, Will was so hilarious and the writing is much better than TMI in my opinion, however, the whole sex before marriage thing would have been viewed as bad in the era CC is writing this in.
However, we find out how invented the portal and we get to meet Will's sister.
Also how Will understands he can't have Tessa at the start of the book (poor Will)

The epilogue leads us to how Tessa arrives in City of Heavenly Fire, the epilogue is one of a few direct links to TMI.

But ahhhhh my heart.
I don't want to say goodbye to Willllllll ( )
  crazynerd | Mar 30, 2022 |
Clockwork Princess is the final book in the Infernal Devices Trilogy and by far the best final book I've read my entire life. There are really no words to describe the intensity of this story. In the previous books there were so many bonds that I wanted to happen between the characters and they all came true in Clockwork Princess. There were so many romantic and sweet moments, but also sentimental and heart-breaking scenes; it was truly one hell of an emotional rollercoaster.

There were almost no loose ends or unfinished business at the end whatsoever, which was such a relief. There are so many books that end with a cliffhanger and this series definitely didn't need that. The only thought I can think of that stayed unanswered in the end is the scar of Will in the shape of a star. Although it is mentioned a few times in the book, we don't know much about that.

At the end of Clockwork Prince, we were left with a major cliffhanger, which gave us so much space for imagination. With Will's curse, Jem's condition and Tessa's gift, there was so much that could happen in the third and final book. With the bonds that are being formed during the story and the approaching danger of Mortmains army, Clockwork Princess' plot has it all; romance, action, fire, you name it. Many moments in this book were so surprising and unexpected. I didn't expect the book to be this emotional; there were a few times that even I needed to shed a tear.

We also got to see more of the Lightwood Family and Cecily. The brothers Lightwood really developed throughout the books and when I first didn't like them, I grew quite fond of them in the end. Gideon and Sophie are such goals! There romance is pure and fragile, it's really beautiful to see such a love develop. We also have the tension between Gabriel and Cecily. I absolutely love how these two get along so well, but still have their irritating moments. We all know that Cecily loves to make people uncomfortable and Gabriels reaction is so funny sometimes.

I liked the fact that Will and Cecily re-connected seen their past. When Will left the Herondale family to join the shadowhunters in fighting off demons, Cecily got really hurt. She felt like Will left his family for strangers and couldn't quite understand that. Once she joined the shadowhunters herself to bring back Will, she saw the new family Will had made over the years. He wasn't the same Will that left their house in Yorkshire. At the start, they got off pretty rough, but slowly they bonded once again and grew quite fond of each other once again.

As always, romance is a big part of Cassandra Clare's books, with a very unique perspective. Despite the action and adventure in the story, Clare also focuses on a heavy and steamy romance between Will, Jem and Tessa. I've always been a Will-person, but I also liked the chemistry between Tessa and Jem. Normally I would be annoyed by the fact that she fell in love with two persons, but this time however it didn't bother me at all. Of course I was a bit upset that the end was a bit different then I expected, but we don't get all that we want, now do we? ;)

As my final opinion, I absolutely loved every second of this book. The ending really made me cry a little, but also smile of happiness. Like I said, it really is an emotional rollercoaster and I totally adore Clare for it. If you haven't read the Infernal Devices trilogy, I recommend you read it right away, because I promise you won't regret it! This is certainly not the last book I will read from Cassandra Clare, and definitely not the last time I write about it! ( )
  Luna.vdborre | Feb 8, 2022 |
El Extraño Gato del Cuento

A la pregunta: ¿escritores que te hace sufrir? Es inevitable pensar en Cassandra Clare (Cassie para los amigos). Princesa Mecánica más que un libro esperado, es un libro temido.

Teorías, teorías. Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr y demás redes sociales estaban llenos de teorías. Los que se iban por Jessa o Wessa/Twill (¿? Juro que nunca recuerdo como es pero siempre me da la risa tonta cuando pienso en los nombres) e incluso el fandom HeronStair y Team Share se daban duro, todos querían ganar.

Personalmente era difícil ponerme de un solo lado. Dos de los tres protagonistas son amados por mí. Sí, dos de tres, Jem y Will, no me cae muy bien del todo Tessa. De acuerdo, acepto que me iba por el HeronStair (Herondale Castairs) Así que entenderán lo difícil y toda la fuerza de voluntad que tomó de mí el leerlo, los dos primeros libros no nos auguran un final feliz para todos y conociendo como conocemos a Cassie con su afición de hacer sufrir a todo el fandom en general, los iratzes ya estaban listos.

Les voy a decir la verdad, yo me “arruiné” el libro. No sé...

Reseña Completa: El Extraño Gato del Cuento

Ella_Zegarra | Jan 18, 2022 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sharman, DanielNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I held it truth, with him who sings

To one clear harp in divers tones,

That men may rise on stepping-stones

Of their dead selves to higher things.

--Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam A.H.H."
For the Lewis family:

Melanie, Jonathan, and Helen
"I'm afraid," said the little girl sitting on the bed.
(p. 11)

Marry on Monday for health,

Tuesday for wealth

Wednesday the best day of all,

Thursday for crosses,

Friday for losses, and

Saturday for no luck at all.

--Folk rhyme
(p. 31)

And much of Madness, and more of Sin,

And Horror the soul of the plot.

--Edgar Allan Poe, "The Conqueror Worm"
(p. 48)

THE INFERNAL DEVICES ARE WITHOUT PITY.

THE INFERNAL DEVICES ARE WITHOUT REGRET.

THE INFERNAL DEVICES ARE WITHOUT NUMBER.

THE INFERNAL DEVICES WILL NEVER STOP COMING.
(P. 48)

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON OUR SOULS.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,856,140 books! | Top bar: Always visible