The Next Always by Nora Roberts

The Next Always

by Nora Roberts

Series: Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy (1)

English (62)  Spanish (1)  All languages (63)

The three Montgomery brothers, Beckett, Owen, and Ryder, and their mother Justine, have bought an old inn and are rehabbing it to reopen as a high-end bed & breakfast.

Widowed Claire Brewster is raising her three boys, and running a bookstore called Turn the Page across from the old inn. Her best friend Avery runs a restaurant, Vesta, nearby.

Their other best friend from college, Hope, is a hotel manager who wants to relocate away from DC.

Since this is a Nora Roberts romance novel, it hardly seems like a spoiler to say that this book is Claire and Beckett's story.

The setting is small town Virginia near a variety of tourist attractions. Roberts as always makes the character's likable and interesting, and adds a bit of the fantastic with ghost haunting the old inn. There's also an all too realistic, believable villain. It's a satisfying, enjoyable romance, with just enough excitement to keep it interesting.

Recommended.

I bought this audiobook. ( )
  LisCarey | Sep 19, 2018 |
Love Nora Roberts. Love country inns. Love buildings and the details that go into them. Really sweet story. ( )
  whybehave2002 | May 9, 2018 |
This story was delightful. And as a military wife, I must say that she "got" what it is like when the soldiers are gone. I don't know, thankfully, what it is like to be a soldier's widow, but the whole independent nature, do-it-myself, don't-share-the-small-stuff attitude that Clare has is right and true. ( )
  Cfo6 | Mar 19, 2018 |
Welp, my first Nora Roberts (not counting J. D. Robb) and it was just what I needed after my last intense listen, and a very personally stressful week. I really enjoyed the characters, the setting, and the little bit of paranormal activity that wasn't the center of the story, but was very important nevertheless. I will most likely be listening to the rest of the trilogy, since I really want to see gruff Ryder fall! I loved Beckett's interaction with Claire's boys, that was great. And the reason for Liam wanting a Barbie, that made me laugh out loud. ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
The Montgomery brothers are restoring an historic property as a hotel in Boonsville, MD. Romance and a ghost. ( )
  pennykaplan | May 17, 2017 |

Nora Robertsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Andrews, MacLeodNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Groth, SteffenSprechersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hege, UtaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pouttu-Delière, PäiviKÄÄnt.secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To John Reese, best job boss ever, and the crew of Inn BoonsBoro.
The stone walls stood as they had for more than two centuries, simple, sturdy, and strong.

The historic hotel in BoonsBoro, Maryland, has endured war and peace, changing hands, even rumored hauntings. Now it’s getting a major facelift from the Montgomery brothers and their eccentric mother. As the architect of the family, Beckett’s social life consists mostly of talking shop over pizza and beer. But there’s another project he’s got his eye on: the girl he’s been waiting to kiss since he was fifteen…

The historic hotel in Boonsboro, Maryland, has endured war and peace, changing hands, even rumored hauntings. Now it's getting a major facelift from the Montgomery brothers and their eccentric mother. As the architect of the family, Beckett's social lifeconsists mostly of talking shop over pizza and beer. But there's another project he's got his eye on: the girl he's been waiting to kiss since he was fifteen...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,802,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible