Go the F**k to Sleep

by Adam Mansbach, Ricardo Cortés (Illustrator)

"[A] bedtime book for parents who live in the real world ... profane, affectionate, and radically honest, it captures the familiar, and unspoken, tribulations of putting your little angel down for the night"--P. [4] of cover.

English (137)  French (1)  All languages (138)
Obscenity aside (which is the point, I do get it), the artwork just didn't fit for me. ( )
  bookwyrmqueen | Oct 25, 2021 |
Audiobooks 2016:

I have known about this book for over a year, but then Audible sold me on needing it while it was on an crazy amazing sale, and that the audio was done by Samuel L. Jackson. I did wince at the constant repetition from the title, but i do get that parents get this thread bare about this whole idea and that a lot of them appreciate the book for laughter reasons. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Aug 21, 2021 |
I just have to say that Samuel L. Jackson really rocks this. ( )
  amyotheramy | May 11, 2021 |
Hilarious. This book is a must-read for parents of small children. We all have moments like this, we just don't say it outloud. ( )
  mbellucci | Apr 10, 2021 |
Went on a little long, but still managed to be pretty funny. Would probably be funnier if I had kids. I'd definitely would give it as a present for a new parent. The art is pretty nice as well. ( )
  sarahlh | Mar 6, 2021 |
Are our enlightened, engaged, sensitive parenting practices driving a certain segment of the population insane? Is the nice, liberal father who has just this Saturday carted his kids to soccer practice, play dates, piano lessons, made sunflower-butter sandwiches, and read Goodnight Moon three times seething with quiet desperation? The surprise ascendance of Adam Mansbach and Ricardo Cortés' Go the F**k to Sleep on all sorts of best-seller lists eloquently answers that question.
added by atbradley | editSlate, Katie Roiphe (Jun 29, 2011)

Look: I have no problem with this book. It's a funny little lark. But it's simply not worth all this attention...
added by cinaedus | editThe Stranger, Paul Constant (Jun 14, 2011)

Mansbach, AdamAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cortés, RicardoIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Aaf Brandt CorstiusTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jackson, Samuel L.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
for Vivien, without whom none of this would be possible.
The cats nestle close to their kittens,
The lambs have laid down with the sheep.
You're cozy and warm in your bed, my dear.
Please go the fuck to sleep.

Akashic Books

An edition of this book was published by Akashic Books.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,425,914 books! | Top bar: Always visible