Legend by Marie Lu

Legend

by Marie Lu

Series: Legend (1)

3,8813361,945 (3.95)1 / 101
    Secondborn by Amy A. Bartol (wordcauldron)
    Divergent by Veronica Roth (Aleana)
    The Bridge by Jane Higgins (wegc)
    wegc: Both books feature a divided society with one side having military-trained students and the other struggling for survival, and secret plots.

English (343)  Swedish (1)  All languages (344)
It was ok but I didn't care to much for it's caracters ( )
  kopkoffie | Apr 21, 2019 |
Legend by Marie Lu is the first entry in a YA dystopian thriller trilogy. The main characters are fifteen year old teens, Day and June, who are on opposite sides of a regime in what was once Los Angeles. Day is the kid from the slums, he is on the run and being hunted as an outlaw. He is stealing money and medical supplies to help his family, in particular his younger brother who has contacted the plague. June, is being groomed to be a military leader. She has been brought up with wealth and privilege by her older brother. When her older brother is murdered she vows revenge upon the criminal Day who has been blamed for the death.

Legend has an interesting set up and the author has delivered her story with style. Being a YA story, I found it very easy to see who were the good guys and who were the bad. But the author keeps the story moving along at a good pace and the main kids are likeable and easy to root for. The story is told in an alternating first person narrative, one chapter by June and another by Day. This first volume really just set the scene for more adventures to come, it felt a little rushed and I felt perhaps the story could have have been a little more nuanced, but overall I believe this story would appeal to younger teens. I am hoping that the world building is expanded upon in future volumes as up to this point the author has revealed very few details. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Mar 13, 2019 |
Cannot wait to dive into the next book.

I love how the chapters look different for the alternating POVs. ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
Just a meh story overall. Weird romantic plot lines, confusing and disinterested characters, lackluster world development. ( )
  DylanWolters | Dec 18, 2018 |
Mijn volledige recensie is terug te vinden op:

Met Legend heeft Marie Lu een geweldig boek neergezet! Zucht .. Alweer een serie, en ja ik ben verkocht! De cover deed al vragen bij me oproepen, en dat is meestal een goede zaak. ( )
  LindaKwakernaat | Nov 29, 2018 |
"For My Mother"
My mother thinks I'm dead. Obviously I'm not dead, but it's safer for her to think so.
Not part of the Claudy Conn Legend series.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 039925675X, Hardcover)

Unabridged, 7 CDs, 9 hours

Read by Steven Kaplan & Mariel Stern

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths--until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:26 -0400)

In a dark future, when North America has split into two warring nations, fifteen-year-olds Day, a famous criminal, and prodigy June, the brilliant soldier hired to capture him, discover that they have a common enemy.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Marie Lu's book Legend was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,168,161 books! | Top bar: Always visible