Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent (2011)

by Veronica Roth

Series: Divergent (1)

Recently added byheymrbass, private library, kromanre, alfredo2010, LeanorJoyner, bejipo, rena75, Kwegehaupt
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (foggidawn, readr, Tsana, frankiejones, al.vick)
    readr: Both stories feature a young woman fighting to survive in a brutal situation.
    Tsana: Similar dystopian teenager must fight the system YA book.
    Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (bookwyrmm, reconditereader, LAKobow)
    reconditereader: Young adults seize control in a dystopian society
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (varsha1010)
    Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (kaledrina)
    Unwind by Neal Shusterman (anytsuj)
    Graceling by Kristin Cashore (hairball)
    hairball: Young women rebelling against their prescribed role.
    Blood Red Road by Moira Young (avalon_today)
    Wither by Lauren DeStefano (kaledrina)
    Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (PghDragonMan)
    PghDragonMan: A rigidly enforced class structure, with everyone happy in their class, makes for a utopian dream . . . Doesn't it?
    Across the Universe by Beth Revis (KaiaRose)
    Allegiant by Veronica Roth (catlover99)
    catlover99: The final book in the Divergent trilogy.
    Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (Jen7waters)
    Insurgent by Veronica Roth (catlover99)
    catlover99: The sequel to Divergent and the second book in the trilogy
    Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (jennrenae)
    The Killables by Gemma Malley (generalkala)
    The Moon Dwellers by David Estes (murphyrules)
    murphyrules: If you love dystopian young adult series with a strong female heroine, then these are your books!
    burners by Bob Mayer (LongDogMom)
    Secondborn by Amy A. Bartol (wordcauldron)
    Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Morteana)
    The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (bell7)

English (1,206)  German (7)  Spanish (5)  Dutch (2)  Italian (2)  French (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (1,224)
Still into the Dystopia thing and I enjoy the characteristics of the factions. ( )
  AFaith | Nov 7, 2018 |
Absolutely loved this book. Easy and great read. ( )
  Lianapc | Oct 30, 2018 |
In this book people are split up into groups there is Abnegation: The Selfless, Amity: The Peaceful, Candor: The Honest, Erudite: The Intelligent, and Dauntless: The Brave. The main character Beatrice is in Abnegation. When you turn 16 in this book, you take a test to see which of those factions you belong in. If you don't belong in any of them you factionless meaning homeless. If you belong in more than one you are a divergent which is dangerous. Beatrice takes her test and finds out that she is a divergent, she belongs in Abnegation, Dauntless, and Erudite. The next day the 16 year olds go to the Choosing Ceremony to choose what faction they are going to be in. Beatrice doesn't think she is selfless enough to be in Abnegation.
She doesn't wan't to be in Erudite because Erudite and Abnegation are enemies. She choses Dauntless. To become an official member you have to pass all of the tests. Beatrice changes her name to Tris. She makes many friends and even falls in love.She passes all the tests, but on the last one a Dauntless leader named Eric injects a tracking device into every Dauntless member except the Dauntless leaders. That night her friends sleep walk out into a war against Abnegation, and she finds out Eric didn't inject everyone with tacking devices, but mind control devices. Her and her boyfriend Tobias (Four) are the only ones awake because they are divergents, so they have to find a way to stop the war.
I rated this book as five stars because it was an AMAZING book. I loved the mysteries, romance, and the suspense. I loved the way Four made Tris feel, and even the way her friend made her feel. I love the Dauntless tests and how they make Tris feel. The author explained things so well it made me feel like I was there with Tris. I like how she and her friends adapt together. It is fun to read about the things Tris does with her friends. ( )
  CarmenG.B2 | Oct 15, 2018 |
I enjoyed the story, but personally I just didn't connect with the characters. Probably because I'm too old to be reading YA. Lol. I respect the author though and like the themes she explored. 3 1/2 stars. ( )
  VeeMcD123 | Oct 13, 2018 |
A complex dystopian concept I thoroughly enjoyed. What the story lacked was characters that I thoroughly enjoyed. I found I liked the supporting characters much more than the main characters. Tris and Four were somber and did not have many if not any moments of redeeming hope. I was disappointed that the main characters were lackluster compared to the minor and supporting characters.
  mitzee333 | Oct 5, 2018 |

Roth, Veronicaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Koob-Pawis, PetraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tippie, JoelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my mother,
who gave me the moment when Beatrice realizes how
strong
her mother is and wonders how she missed it for so long
There is one mirror in my house.
In a future Chicago, sixteen-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.

AR level 4.8, 16 pts

In a future Chicago, sixteen-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomoly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,211,762 books! | Top bar: Always visible