Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Allegiant

by Veronica Roth

Divergent by Veronica Roth (eo206)
    eo206: Book 2 in series
    Insurgent by Veronica Roth (eo206)
    eo206: Book 1 in series

English (392)  Spanish (4)  German (2)  Afrikaans (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (402)
Tris and some of her friends are trying to get over the wall to escape a chaotic city. They all make it, but one of her allies, Tori, was shot down. Tris, Four, Caleb, Peter, and Christina made it. They ended up in an abandoned area, just a sandy desert with debris. They all look for civilization but as they run from enemies people find them in trouble, and helped. Tris and the four stayed in Chicago with the people that saved them. Turns out that "the allies" are just using them, especially Tris for work. Chicago uses Tris because she is genetically pure. Tris and the others escape safely, except Peter betrayed them and ends up no longer aloud in the gates.
I believe this book is mildly boring. There weren't any parts that were suspenseful. You could predict what was going to happen. I guess you could call it an adventure book, but there weren't any funny scenes. It took me a while to read because I wasn't into it. It also really lost the main idea in the series. I would not recommend this book for readers. ( )
  MaddisonB.B4 | Mar 28, 2019 |
unexpected happenings and over a good end to the series. I'm pleased. ( )
  EBassett | Mar 20, 2019 |
My biggest gripe with this book was not everyone else's.
I was shocked that we didn't get more explanation for Caleb's betrayal in Book 2. I needed WAY more justification for Caleb's betraying his sister. Betraying a family member to the point of their own death is the worst thing a character can do, and very little text was given to his reasoning for it. I was disappointed that a character that had been developed into a strong man was made to be so weak and pathetic in the latter half of this series without any logical character-development reason. ( )
  eraderneely | Feb 14, 2019 |
Review to come ( )
  CielCat | Feb 6, 2019 |
WOW.

I am honestly still at a loss for coherent thoughts.

There were definitely parts in the first 1/4 and middle of the book that seemed to drag on. It was a lot of information for the last book in the series, but I think it played out well in the end.

***SPOILERS***

I had several theories on what the ending would be going into the book based on early reactions. In the back of my mind, Tris dying was a slight possibility, but I didn't actually think that would happen. I thought Tris/Tobias breaking up and Tobias dying were a greater possibility. WELP, I was wrong.

There are people who are saying this is an ending you either love or hate. I disagree. While the ending made sense within the context of the story, I most definitely didn't want it to happen. I would have given anything to see Tris prevail, especially with how much she had endured and how much she had grown. And I also do not agree with people saying the ending was an impulsive and irrational killing of the main protagonist. I felt like the entire series leading up to this point lent itself to the ending.

There were sobs off and on throughout the last 50 pages. Those pages were so gut-wrenching and heartbreaking that I wanted to jump through the pages and cry with Tobias. I don't think I have ever physically hurt while reading a book, but this one was the exception. It hurt to push through the last 50 pages.

I LOVED how Tris and Tobias realized the strength in their relationship despite all that they had been through. They were remaining true to themselves and weren't changing for each other. They could see how strong they made each other. There is a passage in the book that beautifully described what relationships should be. It was one of the most honest descriptions I have ever read.

Not a lot of authors would have the guts to do what Veronica did, and I admire her bravery. What happened in the end made complete sense with the story she created.

It was tragic and beautiful.

Also, major book hangover. Before reading this, I was so used to finishing one book one day and picking another one up the next. I haven't been able to touch another book since Tuesday. ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
Every question that can be answered must be answered or at least engaged. Illogical thought processes must be challenged when they arise. Wrong answers must be corrected. Correct answers must be affirmed.
--From the Erudite faction manifesto
To Jo,
who guides and steadies me
I pace in our cell in Erudite headquarters, her words echoing in my mind: My name will be Edith Prior, and there is much I am happy to forget.

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered--fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. But will she be prepared to face impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice and love?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,201,500 books! | Top bar: Always visible