Allegiant

by Veronica Roth

Series: Divergent (3)

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered--fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. But will she be prepared to face impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice and love?… (more)
    Divergent by Veronica Roth (eo206)
    eo206: Book 2 in series
    Insurgent by Veronica Roth (eo206)
    eo206: Book 1 in series

English (467)  Spanish (4)  German (1)  Afrikaans (1)  Italian (1)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (476)
I didn't hate it as many others did, but I think some things could have been done differently. The double POV's were the biggest hindrance for me, mostly because they sounded very similar.

About the end I knew something was going to happen because of the double POV's. This really ruined the emotional aspect. There was only one explanation to have Four's POV in there, and I was right. Four's chapters could have been summarized in an epilogue.
  ElizaTilton | Nov 5, 2021 |
I absolutely loved the first book in this series but the quality definitely went down with each subsequent book not to mention THAT ENDING!!!! I do find the world and characters created by Veronica Roth to be fresh, engaging, and well written. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
I thought this was going to be a reread for me but as I was reading this, I realized that I never actually read this one. I was not expecting what happened at the end. ( )
  Completely_Melanie | Sep 10, 2021 |
meh.
  stacyastokes | Sep 7, 2021 |
After learning the truth about their city, Four and Tris need to go beyond its walls to see what is beyond. They are Divergent and are the point of the experiment, after all. So with the help of a few others, they will defy the city's new leadership and make contact with the outside world. But is what they find the truth? After everything they've been through, they're almost conditioned now to question authority and what they're told. And that's something that could save their lives...or just as easily get them killed.

I enjoyed this so much more than the second installment. The action picks back up here and there is the unique factor of switching the narration between the viewpoints of Tris and Four. As a reader, I felt like it was great to get more insight into Four's thought process and by following them both, the reader knows more about what is going on than in the previous books. This was also very interesting to me because as I reached the end of the book, I felt like the overall story is just as much (or perhaps even more so) about Four as it is Tris, and understanding him better made the ending so much easier to accept. I know many people don't like the way this ended, but I honestly can't see it ending any other way. (And here's hoping the films stay true to the books in this regard and don't try to change it to mollify the masses...) ( )
  crtsjffrsn | Aug 27, 2021 |
Information from the Czech Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Every question that can be answered must be answered or at least engaged. Illogical thought processes must be challenged when they arise. Wrong answers must be corrected. Correct answers must be affirmed.
--From the Erudite faction manifesto
To Jo,
who guides and steadies me
I pace in our cell in Erudite headquarters, her words echoing in my mind: My name will be Edith Prior, and there is much I am happy to forget.

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered - fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris's new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend to complexities of human nature - and of herself - while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,559,413 books! | Top bar: Always visible