Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Allegiant

by Veronica Roth

Divergent by Veronica Roth (eo206)
    eo206: Book 2 in series
    Insurgent by Veronica Roth (eo206)
    eo206: Book 1 in series

English (375)  Spanish (4)  German (2)  Afrikaans (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (385)
Oh, this book. There were moments when it was heavy-handed and moments when the switching POVs were confusing--hence 4 stars instead of 5--but neither of those things took away from my enjoyment of reading this book.

This is a book about what happens after you grow up. After you thought you'd won your battles, when you find out you've yet to truly enter the war. It's about making the difficult decision to let the people you love live their own lives and make their own choices, and about accepting them and those choices. It's about wounding people, being wounded, and healing together.

Oh, Tris. That was the right ending for her. She couldn't let Caleb die and still be the Tris Prior we all came to know. She couldn't let someone die when there was a good chance she would live. And she would have, if not for the sheer, horrible accident of David being there. The David she once saved. Tris' decisions brought her to this moment and it was beautifully sad to see her accepting all of them and going in peace.

Tobias just broke my heart. But not because he was sad; because he had hope. Because he knew he could go on.

This isn't a romance but it is a book about love. ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
3.5 stars ( )
  thepageparamour | Sep 9, 2018 |
Wow, what a powerfully emotional book. I wasn't sure about it at first. But imagine find out that your whole life isn't what you thought it was. Tris is forced to make some powerful choices is this book. I never thought it would end like it did. I swear to God it made me cry! I would read this one again. Now on to Four to read the series from Tobias's point of view. ( )
  kkranig | Sep 4, 2018 |
I'm sitting, silently sobbing over this book. Why do authors do this to me, how can this keep happening? I was weary through this entire book, up until the ending. The ending broke me and it was truly a heartbreaking ending to a thrilling journey. ( )
  marie2830 | Sep 2, 2018 |
I LOVED the whole concept of this whole series. Tris character was amazing, strong, funny, and very determined. I LOVED four and his loyalty. One thing that really ticked me off was the ending of this series, like for real! I don't think i've ever been so upset by the last book in a series. Other than that this book and the 2 previous were very well written and had a very original story. ( )
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
Every question that can be answered must be answered or at least engaged. Illogical thought processes must be challenged when they arise. Wrong answers must be corrected. Correct answers must be affirmed.
--From the Erudite faction manifesto
To Jo,
who guides and steadies me
I pace in our cell in Erudite headquarters, her words echoing in my mind: My name will be Edith Prior, and there is much I am happy to forget.

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered--fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. But will she be prepared to face impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice and love?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,968,674 books! | Top bar: Always visible