Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Insurgent (2013)

by Veronica Roth

Series: Divergent (2)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)

English (546)  Spanish (4)  German (2)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (555)
4.5 stars ( )
  thepageparamour | Sep 9, 2018 |
This was another easy read. I haven't watched this movie. Even tho, ironically it has been on tv the last couple of days. Tho, this wasn't quite as good as Divergent, it was still a very good book. In this one, Tris really Sturggles with the choices she was forced to make. Unable to forget the loved ones she lost and struggling to love those she still has. Struggling with life itself. Sometimes I feel like she can't make up her mind about anything. This is one that I would read again. Now on to Allegiant. ( )
  kkranig | Sep 4, 2018 |
This one didn't feel as solid as the first one, for whatever reason, but I still enjoyed it a lot. ( )
  wirehead | Sep 3, 2018 |
First off Four's family pisses me off. Tris is still amazing, fearless and just all around a great person. This book was not as good as the first but sequels truly rarely are. I do like how this one picked up right where Divergent ended. Made it kinda of nice without any lapsed time. I liked the information we got, especially the video from Edith Prior. The whole storyline yet again thought out and very original.
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
Both of these are fun, fast paced and interesting dystopian novels. Our risinghonors freshmen will read Divergent over the summer (with Matched by Condie as an alternate choice) ( )
  ioplibrarian | Aug 26, 2018 |
I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Roth, Veronicaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

AR Level 5.0, 16 pts

"As war surges in the dystopian society around her, sixteen-year-old Divergent Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,961,530 books! | Top bar: Always visible