Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Hidden Messages in Water by Masaru Emoto

The Hidden Messages in Water

by Masaru Emoto

English (14)  Spanish (1)  All languages (15)
With this book my life become more beautiful. Emoto's water crystals are amazing. We can learn a lot from his book. ( )
  aoestherauthor | Mar 15, 2016 |
This is a very amazing book.... Dr. Masaru Emoto went around the world photographing water crystals.....

He also photographed water crystals that had been exposed to words, photographs, and music....

The photographs show the beauty or lack thereof (deformity) of the water crystals in response to the stimuli. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
I thought this book was amazing and definitely should be read by all! It made me see the world in a new light. We do really make an impact on our world in positive and negative ways and if we all were able to see it we could start healing it starting with water. ( )
1 vote Kimmyd76 | Aug 30, 2015 |
This book can shake your ideas, it is a very inspiring book,
Try to keep an open mind while reading.
concentrated thoughts are directed toward them in the form of words.
Dr. Masaru Emoto describes the ability of water to absorb, hold, and even re transmit human feelings and emotions
It's an interesting book that shows the positive(or negative) possibilities when positive(or negative) energy is focused and directed.
The experiments he did with crystals are absolutely fascinating and serve as visual proof of how words can affect us.
The pictures are amazing.
This book is very thought provoking ( )
  Haidji | Jul 20, 2015 |
With its laughable science and huge leaps of logic, this could just as easily be marketed as a parody of new age tripe. Emoto's pseudoscience is alarmingly concrete and reductive, demonstrating his lack of understanding of physics (yes, including quantum physics) at every turn. To read this as a scientific study of the physical world leads only to incredulous laughter.

It may be better to read it as a spiritual/philosophical text, though Emoto muddies these waters considerably (hah, water-related quip) by claiming scientific status. He has an an unfortunate tendency to make up or possibly cherry-pick data in support of his quasi-religious themes. Emoto doesn't present his data, but only his ideas and purported examples that support his assertions. I say "purported" because he has chosen the guise of science (though he describes himself as not a scientist), so he should be accountable to standards such as describing one's obtained data set and using controls. His "studies" meet no scientific standards.

His spiritual assertions ramble and contradict themselves. Emoto frequently appeals to coincidence as significant, then jumps to puzzling conclusions unsupported by his chain of events. An example: If we consider that the human body is a universe within itself, it is only natural to conclude that we carry within us all the elements. According to Buddhism, the human being is born with 108 earthly desires (such as confusion, attachment, jealousy, and vanity), which torture us throughout our lives. I think it is logical to conclude that these 108 earthly desires have counterparts in the 108 elements. (p. 70) He thinks wrong, at least to the extent that just sticking two ideas together doesn't demonstrate a relationship between them. I've read many religious texts that rely on non-Western logic (the Talmud and the Dalai Lama's work among them) and the problem with Emoto is not that the work is spiritual rather than scientific, but that his logic and evidence for spiritual truth are as poorly executed as his science. His logic is more in line with the semantic leaps and condensations made by people who are psychotic. People have done stunning and brilliant work when driven by the idea, It must all mean something. Emoto has not done so.

Oh, by the way, talking negatively to rice causes mold, so water isn't that special. And water has ESP. And stickers of images of ice can be stuck to your wallet to invoke "the God of Wealth." And humans have more "elements" than other animals. And our souls came to earth via extraterrestrial water. I could go on, but suffice it to say that Emoto throws every woo woo trope into the bucket and stirs them into a scrambled, incoherent mass. Okay, one more: The 'C' of E = MC² refer[s] not to the speed of light, but to consciousness.... There is no way of knowing if Einstein himself considered the possibility of C representing consciousness, but since everything in the universe is relative, you can't say that it is a mistake to see the formula in this new way. (p. 145) Well, yeah, you can.

I agree that the experimenter's attitude may influence findings. We see it in Emoto's work, in fact. What I can't support is the idea that skepticism or critical examination will somehow destroy the data; that is, that faith is destroyed by raising any questions about faith. I don't know if Emoto believes what he says or is a charlatan, but he sells water at $35 for 8 ounces.

I highly recommend this book for anyone teaching a research techniques class. It should be very easy for college students to pick this apart. However, based on the many credulous reviews of Emoto's work, you'll also need to have a critical discussion of the longing for a reductive, concrete, anthropocentric, and illogical universe as well.

See also Harriet Hall's useful http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/1144934/masaru_emotos_wonderful_world_of_wa... ( )
2 vote OshoOsho | Mar 30, 2013 |
Introduction:  More than ten years have passed since I began taking photographs of frozen ice crystals.

Water weet het antwoord laat zien hoe water reageert op veranderingen in ons collectieve en individuele bewustzijn. De Japanse onderzoeker Masaru Emoto vroor watermonsters in die tevoren waren blootgesteld aan negatieve of positieve woorden, gedachten, emoties of verschillende soorten muziek. Daarna maakte hij foto's van de waterkristallen en stelde vast dat de positief beïnvloede watermonsters mooie en perfect gevormde kristallen opleveren, terwijl negatieve woorden, gedachten en emoties resulteren in lelijke, misvormde kristallen. Aangezien de wereld en wijzelf voor zeventig procent uit water bestaan, hebben we met deze eigenschap van water de sleutel in handen om grote veranderingen te bewerkstelligen, zowel op persoonlijk vlak als op collectief en mondiaal niveau.
MASARU EMOTO (Yokohama, 1943) maakte wereldwijd naam met zijn opzienbarende experimenten en ontdekkingen. De film 'What the bleep do we know?', waarin o.m. de waterkristallen van dr. Emoto aan bod komen, trekt in Amerika volle zalen en draait in februari/maart 2005 ook in Europa

This book has the potential to profoundly transform your world view. Using high-speed photography, Dr. Masaru Emoto discovered that crystals formed in frozen water reveal changes when specific, concentrated thoughts are directed toward them. He found that water from clear springs and water that has been exposed to loving words shows brilliant, complex, and colorful snowflake patterns. In contrast, polluted water, or water exposed to negative thoughts, forms incomplete, asymmetrical patterns with dull colors. The implications of this research create a new awareness of how we can positively impact the earth and our personal health.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:06 -0400)

Using high-speed photography, Dr. Masaru Emoto demonstrates that crystals formed in frozen water reveal changes when specific, concentrated thoughts are directed toward them. Water that flows from clear springs or has been exposed to loving words shows brilliant, complex, and colorful snowflake patterns, while polluted water, or water exposed to negative thoughts, forms incomplete, asymmetrical, dull-colored patterns. Since humans and the earth are composed mostly of water, these findings have profound significance.… (more)

Beyond Words Publishing

2 editions of this book were published by Beyond Words Publishing.

Editions: 0743289803, 0743555252

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,509,694 books! | Top bar: Always visible