The Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamilton

English (49)  Italian (2)  Danish (1)  Czech (1)  All languages (53)
Listened to audio version, narrated by Kimberly Alexis. Good listening although some of the sound effects were creepy (appropriate but creepy). Anita is trying to sort through her relationship with Richard and Jean-Claude, while avoiding hired killers sent to take her out. Learn more about Richard and the shifters, a decaying vamp comes to town for help. Lots of angst ans Anita seems to cling to Richard while still lusting for jean-Claude.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
This book is amazing. The love triangle with Jean Claude/Anita/Richard cont to grow, but the best thing about this book is how much Edward plays in this book. Someone wants Anita dead and they have hired a hitman to do it. They try to hirer Edward, but he turns it down. He decides instead to help Anita find out who wants her dead and why. The mystery and action in this book are great and the love story isn't bad either. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
Finally, some of the freaking tension resolved. Also, Richard still annoys me. ( )
  themjrawr | Dec 1, 2017 |
Let me start by saying that The Killing Dance is not the name of a place. “Somewhere out there, by tomorrow, someone would have my name on a to-do list. Pick up dry cleaning, buy groceries, kill Anita Blake.” Someone has put out a contract to kill Anita Blake. With the help of her friends, she has to stay alive and find out who is trying to kill her. The love triangle between Jean-Claude, Richard and Anita reaches intense levels and this book is very much about the three of them and their bond to each other. Ms. Hamilton does it again, keeping me turning pages as fast as I can to find out what will happen next. ( )
  LiteraryFeline | Nov 25, 2017 |
A mio avviso è uno dei più belli della saga anche se proprio non sopporto chi è eternamente indeciso.
L'amore è amore e siamo franchi, il rapporto che Anita ha con il Master è SEMPRE stato speciale, che lei voglia ammetterlo oppure no.
Il povero Licantropo c'è finito in mezzo solo per dimostrare alla ragazza che non è tutto oro ciò che brilla e che non c'è mai fine al peggio e che mostro non si nasce ma si diventa....Il migliore della Saga... Almeno per ora. Complimenti alla Hamilton! ( )
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
To Paty Cockrum,
fan, friend, fine artist.
You should see the pictures
she sends me of Jean-Claude.
She really is
the voice of temptation.
The most beautiful corpse I'd ever seen was sitting behind my desk.

"THESE DAYS MY LIFE IS A CROSS BETWEEN PRETERNATURAL SOAP OPERA AND AN ACTION-ADVENTURE MOVIE. SORT OF AS THE CASKET TURNS MEETS RAMBO ."

The first hit man came after me at home, which should be against the rules. Then there was a second, and a third. Eventually, I found out that the word on the street was that Anita Blake, preternatural expert and vampire killer extraordinaire, was worth half a million dollars. Dead, not alive. So what's a girl to do but turn to the men in her life for help? Which in my case, means an alpha werewolf and a master vampire. With professional killers on your trail, it's not a bad idea to have as much protection as possible, human or otherwise.

But I'm beginning to wonder if two monsters are better than one...

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0515134511, Mass Market Paperback)

Anita Blake, vampire hunter, is now herself a hunted woman. Who put the $500,000 price on her head--a man or a monster? It's not just her own skin she needs to save; the rivalry between her werewolf boyfriend, Richard, and Marcus, the other alpha werewolf in his pack, has come to full boil. And there's always Jean-Claude, the vampire who's been waiting for just the right moment to slip inside Anita's head and heart. Don't assume anything, though--Hamilton's probably got a few more surprises in store.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:52 -0400)

With a price on her head and professional hitmen on her trail, Anita Blake--vampire killer, zombie reanimator, and expert on the supernatural--receives unexpected assistance from an alpha werewolf and a master vampire.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,395,963 books! | Top bar: Always visible