The Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamilton

English (45)  Italian (2)  Danish (1)  Czech (1)  All languages (49)
3.5 stars

In the 6th book in the series, Anita finds out someone is trying to have her killed. She is still caught up in a triangle with vampire Jean-Claude, and werewolf Richard.

Mostly, I liked this one, but I definitely did not like the ending. I still don't like Jean-Claude. I also mostly like the audios of these books, as there are some good sound effects, but I do wonder if it's the narrator's voice for J-C that has me disliking him so much (I'm not sure of that, though). I know that, at least closer to the start of the book, it was easy for me to tune out during scenes with J-C. I am wondering, though, if the next book is where the series starts to go wrong. Not sure if I'll continue on or not. ( )
  LibraryCin | Sep 28, 2016 |
Pretty good. A bit much time spent on pointless bickering, but that seems to be par for the course with these types of books. All the same I still enjoyed it. ( )
  thanbini | Jun 19, 2016 |
This was an excellent book in the series. I'm not a love triangle fan but the dynamics and situations in this book between Jean-Claude and Richard were both exciting and sad. Edward was a pure treat in all his scenes with Anita, I just loved it. Impossible to put down. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
"The Killing Dance" brings Anita to some decisions regarding her feelings for Jean-Claude, the seductive Master Vampire of the City, and Richard, the potential alpha male of the local werewolf pack. Who will she choose? Will she tell them both to take a hike? How will she reconcile her own ambiguous feelings about what it means to be a monster and what it means to be in love? There's something here to please almost everyone. These books are fun, they're scary, and I guarantee you'll keep reading them to find out what happens next! ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
This was great! Lots of drama...just how I like it. Greatest part of the book was Harley telling Anita that she was the scariest mother****** in the room!! I always love to see Edward as well! Richard was a bit annoying in this one. I will say that I was a bit shocked at who she ended up sleeping with...so didn't see that coming. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
To Paty Cockrum,
fan, friend, fine artist.
You should see the pictures
she sends me of Jean-Claude.
She really is
the voice of temptation.
The most beautiful corpse I'd ever seen was sitting behind my desk.

The first hit man came after me at home, which should be against the rules. Then there was a second, and a third. Eventually, I found out that the word on the street was that Anita Blake, preternatural expert and vampire killer extraordinaire, was worth half a million dollars. Dead, not alive. So what's a girl to do but turn to the men in her life for help? Which in my case, means an alpha werewolf and a master vampire. With professional killers on your trail, it's not a bad idea to have as much protection as possible, human or otherwise.

But I'm beginning to wonder if two monsters are better than one...

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0515134511, Mass Market Paperback)

Anita Blake, vampire hunter, is now herself a hunted woman. Who put the $500,000 price on her head--a man or a monster? It's not just her own skin she needs to save; the rivalry between her werewolf boyfriend, Richard, and Marcus, the other alpha werewolf in his pack, has come to full boil. And there's always Jean-Claude, the vampire who's been waiting for just the right moment to slip inside Anita's head and heart. Don't assume anything, though--Hamilton's probably got a few more surprises in store.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:52 -0400)

Anita Blake lives a dual life as animator and vampire hunter, with a man she loves on both sides of her life, but when she becomes a wanted woman, she must choose between the two men or risk all their lives.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,805,202 books! | Top bar: Always visible