The Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamilton

English (40)  Italian (2)  Danish (1)  Czech (1)  All languages (44)
Oh, Oh! I love Edward. Not really sure why, because he is so not lovable, but he's become one of my fav characters over time. ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
Finally! Yay! ( )
  Raeadav | Mar 25, 2016 |
First read: July 31, 2014. ( )
  RecklessReader | Jan 24, 2016 |
Im not sure why but everyone annoyed me in this book. Anita is a good guy...I get that but she always feels like it's her right to know everything about everyone and everything as soon as she says 'tell me'. It just annoyed me...and RICHARD. He is such a just...I don't know...a hypocrite is one thing but I just can't stand him...ever since we met him a couple of books ago. I like Jean-Claude. He seems to be the only character who is unapologetic about who is and makes no move to try and be something that he is not.

I did enjoy this book. Lots of characters moving forward although I know this is the downward spiral for Anita (I'm re-reading)...but I am happy she finally gave in to Jean-Claude and Richard moved to the curb. This book was dark, gritty, and bloody. Lots of rape and almost rape...blood..and all kinds of crazy happening. ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
I love all of Laurell K Hamilton's books but this isn't particularly one of my favorites. The angst and betrayal in this book is great, as is the action and adventure. I love how Anita is developing a shoot first, ask questions later attitude although I don't think it is very good for her. The battle of wills between Jean-Claude and Richard is palpable in this book and, for a moment, makes me glad that I'm not in Anita's shoes. Yet to have two men vying for your complete attention ought to make someone feel good, if a tad guilty. ( )
  mariahsidhe | Feb 3, 2015 |
To Paty Cockrum,
fan, friend, fine artist.
You should see the pictures
she sends me of Jean-Claude.
She really is
the voice of temptation.
The most beautiful corpse I'd ever seen was sitting behind my desk.

"THESE DAYS MY LIFE IS A CROSS BETWEEN PRETERNATURAL SOAP OPERA AND AN ACTION-ADVENTURE MOVIE. SORT OF AS THE CASKET TURNS MEETS RAMBO ."

The first hit man came after me at home, which should be against the rules. Then there was a second, and a third. Eventually, I found out that the word on the street was that Anita Blake, preternatural expert and vampire killer extraordinaire, was worth half a million dollars. Dead, not alive. So what's a girl to do but turn to the men in her life for help? Which in my case, means an alpha werewolf and a master vampire. With professional killers on your trail, it's not a bad idea to have as much protection as possible, human or otherwise.

But I'm beginning to wonder if two monsters are better than one...

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0515134511, Mass Market Paperback)

Anita Blake, vampire hunter, is now herself a hunted woman. Who put the $500,000 price on her head--a man or a monster? It's not just her own skin she needs to save; the rivalry between her werewolf boyfriend, Richard, and Marcus, the other alpha werewolf in his pack, has come to full boil. And there's always Jean-Claude, the vampire who's been waiting for just the right moment to slip inside Anita's head and heart. Don't assume anything, though--Hamilton's probably got a few more surprises in store.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:52 -0400)

Anita Blake lives a dual life as animator and vampire hunter, with a man she loves on both sides of her life, but when she becomes a wanted woman, she must choose between the two men or risk all their lives.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,861,958 books! | Top bar: Always visible