The Complete Idiot's Guide to Genealogy (1997)

by Christine Rose, Kay Germain Ingalls

The next best thing to a personal genealogist, this guide gives you all the knowledge to trace your heritage, and sort through the vast amount of information online, in family scrapbooks, in libraries, and at courthouses.

OK for a very basic introduction to genealogy, but overly simplified, I thought, and not as informative as one would like even if one is baby-new to the art and science of genealogy. Wouldn't recommend. ( )
  SmithfieldJones | Jul 10, 2016 |
This was my first how-to book when I first found an interest in genealogy. It served me well and prevented some of the mistakes commonly made by new genealogists. ( )
  La.Nell | Mar 9, 2016 |
After I got this book I was pretty disapointed at the lack of support for people trying to track their geneology to Europe as well as African-Americans trying to track ancestry to Africa. Besides that, very informative. ( )
  Ninja337 | Oct 28, 2006 |

Christine Roseprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ingalls, Kay Germainmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,881,012 books! | Top bar: Always visible