A Week to Be Wicked by Tessa Dare

A Week to Be Wicked

by Tessa Dare

Recently added byrena75, Sweet_Serenity, wisemetis

Minerva Highwood is desperate to get to Scotland to present her earth-shattering geological findings to the Royal Geological Society. Even if she has to convince rake Viscount Colin Payne to pretend to elope with her so that she can make the trip. Of course, Colin isn't particularly keen on the idea of ruining the reputation of a young woman, even in the name of science. And their growing attraction isn't helping him keep to his own rules about the trip.

Another enjoyable historical romance from Tessa Dare. The book is a solid read, the romance is well-crafted, and my only complaint is that the book isn't as funny as I know Dare is capable of. Of course, Colin has some dark shadows lurking from his past which keeps the humour from getting too high-flying. I also appreciated that Dare was realistic about how Minerva would have been treated by the scientific establishment of the period, which made the book feel rooted. Enjoyable for those who have dipped their toes into Dare's bibliography but not a recommended starting point to sample. ( )
  MickyFine | Feb 15, 2019 |
Assigned by a book club with expansive tastes.
  k6gst | Feb 8, 2019 |
So funny and heartwarming...and adventurous! What a ride- pun totally intended! Hopefully I can do a full write up soon. I'm so tempted to on a Spindle Cove binge! ( )
  EliseLaForge | Nov 20, 2018 |
This specific HR made me laugh so hard - stunning book if you looking for a HR that makes you giggle like a school girl look no further
  Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |
Great angst, fun plot, funny dialogue, played into some favored tropes... Good read!

Reread in December 2016 - still stands up! A nice afternoon with a glass of wine book

March 2018 - This is one of the most downright romantic romance books I've ever read. The relationship development is well-paced and beautiful, and the growing love is sweet without being saccharine. I adore the heroine's insecurity and how the hero accidentally reinforces it in the beginning. I love that he helps her see herself as he comes to and break out of her shell. And the hero's own story and journey is excellent, too. Two incredible characters! If only other books in this series catered to my favorite tropes.

(4.5 stars) ( )
  PNRList | Aug 15, 2018 |

When a devilish lord and a bluestocking set off on the road to ruin…Time is not on their side.

Minerva Highwood, one of Spindle Cove’s confirmed spinsters, needs to be in Scotland.

Colin Sandhurst, Lord Payne, a rake of the first order, needs to be…anywhere but Spindle Cove.

These unlikely partners have one week

- to fake an elopement

- to convince family and friends they’re in “love”

- to outrun armed robbers

- to survive their worst nightmares

- to travel four hundred miles without killing each other

What they don’t have time for is their growing attraction. Much less wild passion. And heaven forbid they spend precious hours baring their hearts and souls.

Suddenly one week seems like exactly enough time to find a world of trouble.

And maybe…just maybe…love.

"When a devilish lord and a bluestocking set off on the road to ruin, time is not on their side. Minerva Highwood, one of Spindle Cove's confirmed spinsters, needs to be in Scotland. Colin Sandhurst, Lord Payne, a rake of the first order, needs to be...anywhere but Spindle Cove. These unlikely partners have one week: to fake an elopement; to convince family and friends they're 'in love'; to outrun armed robbers; to survive their worst nightmares; to travel four hundred miles without killing each other. All while sharing a very small carriage by day and an even smaller bed by night. What they don't have time for is their growing attraction. Much less wild passion. And heaven forbid they spend precious hours baring their hearts and souls. Suddenly one week seems like exactly enough time to find a world of trouble. And maybe....just maybe...everlasting love."--from cover, p. [4]… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,409,440 books! | Top bar: Always visible