A Love Worth Giving: Living in the Overflow of God's Love

by Max Lucado

Low on Love? Finding it hard to love? Someone in your world is hard to forgive? Is patience an endangered species? Kindness a forgotten virtue? If so, you may have forgotten a step -- an essential first step. Living loved. God loves you. Personally. Powerfully. Passionately. Others have promised and failed. But God has promised and succeeded. He loves you with an unfailing love. And his love -- if you let it -- can fill you and leave you with a love worth giving.… (more)

God loves each of us. Personally. Powerfully. Passionately. And it’s a love worth giving. But before we can pass love on, we must receive it ourselves. Building on the principles found in 1 Corinthians 13, known as the love passage, best-selling author Max Lucado helps us dive into the depth and perfection of God’s love, exploring the ways that it can be reflected in our daily lives through patience, kindness, forgiveness, and more. For those of us feeling low on these attributes, A Love Worth Giving opens the door to the transfusion we need in order to spread a love that really is worth giving.
  StFrancisofAssisi | Nov 4, 2021 |
Wonderful book in Lucado's easy-to-read writing with excellent examples of the points he is making. ( )
  hobbitprincess | Sep 20, 2021 |
If we have dealt with such things as someone you can't forgive, Max suggests that we may have missed a step in life. We may not understand God loves us with an "unconditional" love, which is a love we can pass on to others. ( )
  HCC_ResourceLibrary | Jan 3, 2019 |
Lucado's ability to present the principles of I Corinthians 13 using parables and present day examples is a timely reminder that God is the foundation and giver of perfect love and sets the standards we should try to emulate in our own lives. While we can never achieve that pinnacle of unsullied love, our knowledge of what we've been freely given should make us more aware that from our great gift, we should reach out to others, deserving or not, because we've been the recipient of a love that knows no earthly bounds of sin or selfishness. ( )
  LeslieHurd | Jan 11, 2017 |
God loves you. Personally. Powerfully. Passionately. Others have promised and failed. But God has promised and succeeded. He loves you with an unfailing love. And His love--if you will let it--can fill you and leave you with a love worth giving. Best-selling author Max Lucado has successfully pricked the hearts and minds of readers for decades. Now, he boldly says that before we can pass love on, we must receive it ourselves--from God. Pointing out that we must "love one another," Lucado issues an impassioned plea to accept God's love in order to truly, unselfishly, wholeheartedly love another. God wants us to drink deeply of His love, soak it up, and marvel at its depth.
*I've read this book a couple of times. A wonderful reminder that you can't give out what you don't take in. Accepting God's love into ourselves allows us to love others.* ( )
  imakittycat | Jul 8, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,288,708 books! | Top bar: Always visible